Mastering FMEA – interactive workshop for facilitation training by David Auda
Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) is a tool that is used to manage risk in every industry. This interactive workshop will be focused on the 3 most common FMEA types.
- Functional (System) – FFMEA,
- Design – DFMEA
- Process – PFMEA.
The material will be aligned with the AIAG version 4 FMEA handbook, with enhancements.
The objective of the FMEAs are to support the development and refinement of requirements, explore the potential failure modes/causes and develop appropriate actions to either remove the failure mode, reduce the severity and/or probability of an undesirable failure mode, or develop methods by which to mitigate the consequences of a failure mode.
The attendee will:
- Learn how to determine if FMEA is the right tool for the need
- Learn how to plan a FMEA
- Learn how to effectively and efficiently execute a FMEA
- Learn by doing, how to facilitate a FMEA
- Learn how to disposition FMEAs that have already been developed, but have gaps
- Learn how to manage diverse teams in a FMEA meeting
Upon completion of the workshop, the attendee will be able to determine if FMEA is the appropriate approach, how to set up and estimate the duration of a FMEA to meet necessary milestones and how to facilitate a team using FMEA and close out all actions in order to complete the FMEA.