Professional Development meeting March 2021- Forging a Path Forward for Regional Manufacturers -Carol Miller
Forging a Path Forward for Regional Manufacturers
Alliance for Manufacturing and Technology (AM&T) was established in 1988 as a private, non-profit organization to help small and mid-size manufacturers and high-tech start-ups . AM&T is part of the Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) program. The MEP program is a nation-wide network of centers, one in every state and Puerto Rico. Each Center is a partnership between the federal government and a variety of public or private entities, including state, university, and non-profit organizations. The program has a singular mission to help small to mid-sized manufactures be more productive, profitable, and competitive. AM&T is part of the NY Manufacturing Extension Partner (NYMEP), which is made up of ten regional centers and one state-wide center. AM&T:
- Offers end-to-end business services to help organizations Plan, Perform, Profit and Grow.
- Connects regional manufacturers to resources available at the local, regional, and national levels, including technical assistance and project funding opportunities.
- Provides economic impact to the community and region. AM&T has provided over $750 million in total economic impact over the last five years.
- Manufacturing Outlook
- AM&T – Our Mission, Vision and Strategy, Services
- Approaches for assisting regional manufacturers with key priorities
- Sales and Marketing
- Attracting and Keeping Talent
- Product and Process Innovation
- Potential Grant Opportunities – NYSEG, WDI, TAAC, CARES Act
- Discussion and Wrap-up
Alliance for Manufacturing and Technology
Carol has extensive knowledge of the Southern Tier’s manufacturing sector and has a proven track record of success. Carol works closely with AM&T’s clients, stakeholders, and partners. As the Executive Director, Carol is building on AM&T’s past successes and is leading the organization in customizing and expanding its services to better serve the manufacturing community. Carol joined the organiz&