This presentation covers ways you can implement Lean personally and be the spark that lights an organization's flame.
Areas covered include Lean opportunities at home, the outside world, and work and how to be more efficient and effective in all of your actions. Manny Veloso is a Six Sigma Master Black Belt and principal of CI Consulting Services, LLC. He has spearheaded many CI initiatives and completed projects in a variety of industries ranging from defense, heavy fabrication, medical, aerospace, and food production. Manny has over 20 years of experience in engineering and continuous improvement training and implementation The key thread in all of his experiences is a commitment to continuous improvement and customer satisfaction. A knowledgeable and engaging presenter, he spends much of his time coaching others through both project and leadership development.
Principal Consulting Services, LLC
Manny has been providing Continuous Improvement (CI) education and implementation to companies in the US and abroad for over 25 years. Through training and consulting in the areas of Lean and Six Sigma, he continues to help manufacturers in implementing process improvements, reducing quality issues and streamlining operations to maximize their potential and competitive edge.
Manny’s hands-on approach has provided practical, real-world solutions for countless companies. He has worked in a variety of industries, including 13 years consulting and teaching at DVIRC. He is an experienced change manager and has trained over 700 people in CI certification programs in to date. Manny holds a Masters Degree in Business Administration from Rider University and a BS in Industrial Engineering from Penn State. He has a Master Black Belt certification and has been a guest lecturer at Holy Family University Temple University and spoken at industry conferences. Additionally he is a national instructor for ASQ in a variety of Six Sigma and Lean topics.
Some of the projects Manny has helped coach to success illustrate his extensive experience:
- Save $50K by reducing downtime waiting for WIP at a corrugated box company
- Reduce cycle time to produce kits by 40% at a strapping company
- Save $53K by reducing draw mill shift startup time at a tubing company
- Cost avoidance (no recalls) worth up to $2.5MM for medical device company
- Increase product yield to 98% and add 18% capacity for medical device company
- Reduce warehouse damage by $200K for a food products company
- Reduce pouch scrap by $157K for a medical device company
- Saved $53K and created 2100 hours of capacity for a pump manufacturer
- Saved $200K in concessions from truck loading errors at food service company