Send resume to: email@example.com
Greg Beatty Sr Recruiting Consultant
The Adinek Group
615 389 0666
NOW INTERVIEWING!!! 7/15/22
INLINE PLASTICS, INC www.inlineplastics.com
Quality and CI Manager
Responsible for product quality and continuous improvement (OpEx) within the Inline Plastics Georgia facilities (McDonough & Conyers). This position will direct and manage the activities of the Quality organization and function as the head of Operational Excellence (OpEx/Continuous Improvement) by prioritizing objectives, managing, leading and coaching onsite staff. Primary duties are focused on the Quality Systems and Quality Operations related to QMS integration, manufacturing, tooling qualification, customer satisfaction, sustaining management, and technical quality/service/costs improvements for the facility. This position is matrix-managed, reporting to both the Plant Manager and to the Director of Corporate Quality and OpEx.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential functions/duty satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for the Georgia manufacturing plant’s quality system and acts as the Management Rep / Certified SQF (Safe Quality Food) Practitioner according to SQF code
- Plan, organize, direct and report on all quality-related and regulatory activities at the facility; to include SCAR, CAPA, cGMP, SQF, PCQI, and HACCP
- Staff training and development: Lead lean and alike Continuous Improvement initiatives. Lead, manage, and develop the staff at the facility
- Assist with the implementation of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs) related to food contact packaging, and aligned to any FDA requirements
- Ensure compliance with Inline Plastics Quality Management Systems, all relevant internal procedures and policies, and any governmental regulatory requirements
- Develop, implement, and monitor functional development initiatives, including performance metrics, quality improvements, cost reduction, supplier forums, Lean Six Sigma integration, and audits that align with Inline Plastics strategic goals and objectives
- The successful candidate engages the organization to adapt or maintain a lean continuous improvement culture. Working closely with leadership to accelerate cultural change. This person will enable profitable growth, intensify the customer experience, and increase employee engagement
- Lead by example: Establish and drive cultural standards of Quality, Service, Safety, Performance and Teamwork
- Collaborate with the corporate team members to ensure proper handling of complaints and investigations
- Collaborate with the corporate team members to ensure that effective up-to-date Quality Assurance documentation, procedures and specifications are maintained
- Plans, develops, promotes and maintains training programs that enhance the skills of employees to identify, record and track product/process nonconformities and implement appropriate corrective action
- Responsible for teaching, developing and communicating data analysis using statistical techniques on product defects, quality issues, and manufacturing performance, with plans for improvement
- Owns the inspection and product testing procedures to ensure consistent methods throughout the facility to include MSAs, SPC, Quality Plans, Control Plans, and FMEAs.
- Works with Operations leadership to coordinate manufacturing and QA activities to ensure proper staffing coverage and maintain quality levels
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours
- Must be able to interact and build relationships with various departments and customers
- Participate in annual Quality, OpEx, and/or Supplier forums
The list below represents the required knowledge and skills to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience – Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. 5+ years’ experience in Continuous Improvement, Quality Assurance & Regulatory Compliance is required. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification from an accredited program, HAACP and SQF lead auditor certification are preferred but would be required within a reasonable period of time after start. ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred. Must be able to supervise, work independently and keep abreast of quality issues on the production floor. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, process mapping tools (Visio) and Minitab® are required.
- Skills / Competencies - Must have a minimum 3 years people leadership experience with evidence of building successful teams. Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to proactively take initiative and complete tasks in a timely manner. Can effectively lead Change Management efforts. Excellent oral/written communication skills. Good problem-solving skills utilizing analytical and statistical problem-solving tools. Strong collaboration, negotiating, conflict resolution, and teamwork skills with the ability to work well with both technical and non-technical personnel, and influence the direction of projects. Self-starter and the ability to plan and organize workload under minimum supervision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to hot or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.