Position Title: Quality Manager Reports To: VP of QA/QC
Department: Quality Location: Sunnen
Who We Are:
We have operations in Saint Louis, Missouri, Huntington Beach, California, and Milford, CT serving local, national and international customers, both military and commercial. The company supplies platform controls, aircraft components, liquid oxygen equipment, emergency breathing equipment, and gas regulators to its customers.
We are currently looking for a Quality Manager. This role responsible for the oversight, management, and implementation of the site Quality Management System to insure it meets the Essex Industries Corporate Quality Manual as well as all customer and regulatory bodies under which Essex Industries subscribes. Additionally this position is responsible for providing direction to a team of quality professionals including engineers, inspectors, and technicians to insure that the production of products is executed within established standards and certification requirements as required to meet customer expectations. These will be executed by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead site transformation utilizing advance quality and lean principles minimizing waste and improving process integration with other site functions.
- Lead APQP/PPAP activities for new product development. Train and execute the quality tools effectively throughout the product life cycle.
- Own scrap, rework, repair, escape metrics. Including corrective action, internal and external audit activities. Develop quality action plan geared to improve quality performance.
- Develop Quality Improvement Plan to address quality issues impacting the customer. Maintain a green quality score for all Essex customers.
- Own all the sites employee development plan, responsible in developing quality engineers and quality supervisors.
- Formulates and maintains quality objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals, certification requirements, and customer needs.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Plans and oversees the analysis, inspection, design, test, and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or component.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes and develop actions to improve process performance.
- Decides whether to accept a product or continue business with a vendor based on review of vendor quality data.
- Keeps management team at the site and corporate level abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to the management team.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Designs and implements quality training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Responsible for the investigation and reporting of all customer complaints with regards to product and system quality.
- Comply with company’s Affirmative Action Program in regards to hiring, training, promotions, transfers, terminations, and discipline of department personnel.
- Enforce Essex handbook policies and provide a positive work environment.
- Perform inspection work (under FAA guidelines) as required.
- Completes and publishes required metrics data and reports in a timely fashion.
- Will function as the site level Quality Management Representative for all quality system related regulatory, customer, and statutory audits.
Education and Experience:
BS within a technical field or BA in Business Administration with experience in a manufacturing environment. 3-5 years of experience as a quality manager in an aerospace manufacturing environment. Previous experience working with DCMA, FAA, and customer source inspectors. Experience working within AS9100D, J Std 001, IPC 620 and GD&T. Experience in leading corrective action teams and internal audit process. Must have ASQ active certification preferable ASQ-CQE, ASQ-CMQ/OE or ASQ- CQA. Proven experienced in utilizing six sigma and lean tools in improving quality and business processes.
Why Choose Essex?
Since 1947, Essex has been offering high quality parts and services to our customers. Our employees are what makes that happen so we do our best to take care of what matters most, by offering a competitive total rewards package for our employees. It’s our commitment to making this a great place to work.
- Base Pay
- Bonus Opportunity
- Paid time off
- 10 company holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training & Development
- Retirement Benefits – 401k
- Tax-Advantaged Accounts
- Medical, dental, vision coverage