Topic: Wisdom of Dr. Juran - Cross-Functional Quality
Note: Thursday 5:45pm to 7:30pm US-MT meeting
RSVP on Boulder Section’s meeting "Meetup Link"
RSVP note: Please provide your Name and Hometown. Same for any guests
5:45 pm Web Conference Start: Networking, Welcome and Section Business
6:00 pm Presentation
- Speaker: Ron Sedlock, the quality Catalyst
- Topic: Wisdom of Dr. Juran - Cross-Functional Quality
- Presentation Slides and Video posted after meeting
- Please read Article: The Wisdom of Dr. Juran: Cross-Functional Quality
- Email comments and questions to Ron Sedlock (email@example.com)
- Bring comments and questions for interactive presentation
- Dr. Juran distinguished between interdepartmental improvement or "little q" and intradepartmental (cross-functional) improvement or "Big Q".
- Most tough chronic problems that organizations have are intradepartmental.
- Learn how upper-level quality council improve interdepartmental quality.
- BIo: Ron Sedlock
- Ron has over 45 years "in the trenches" of the quality battlefield.
- He began his career by studying with Dr. W. Edwards Deming and Dr. Joseph M. Juran.
- Both those gentlemen have shaped his successful approach applying quality principles.
- He is one of the founders and past chairperson of the Boulder ASQ Section.
- He has written varies articles in ASQ publications.
- He has held most ASQ certifications and has helped 100’s of quality professionals get their certifications.
- Ron is a combat veteran having serviced with the 1st Air Cavalry in Vietnam.
- Article: The Wisdom of Dr. Juran: Cross-Functional Quality
7:15 pm After Presentation Networking
7:30 pm Web Conference End: meeting over
Place: Web Conference Webex
Meeting also posted on ASQ Boulder Meetup's 25 Jan 2024 meeting