Date: June13, 2023
Networking: 5:30 - 6:00 PM
Tour: 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Cardinal Health National Logistics Center (NLC) in Groveport, OH.
5995 Commerce Center Dr. Groveport, OH 43125
TO REGISTER CLICK HERE
Details of Tour
We are working to make the NLC the Visual Showcase “again” for Cardinal Health but even better. In the NLC past, we had great examples of Operations MBO’s (Management by Objectives), Leader Standard Work, and 5S etc. However, when crisis hit (COVID, Leadership changes, etc.) the Op Ex program crashed.
A good example of how “Culture eats Strategy for breakfast. I will share our progress with the group.
Tom Schneider began his 6 Sigma / Lean journey the week of Sept 11th, 2001. He achieved his Master Blackbelt organizational certification back in 2004 with AGC Automotive Glass. Also Tom still remembers Juran Quality and Total Productive Maintenance improvement trainings back in the late 80’s and early 90’s in Sidney OH with Stolle Corp. In other words, Tom has been “doing” Operational Excellence work for many years. And, in the course of time, has made many mistakes along the way. He has applied these “Lessons Learned” in Engineering roles in Maintenance, Process, & EHS and especially in Leadership roles, including Plant Manager of Nissin Brake Ohio and his current role at the Cardinal Health National Logistics Center.
Visitor Parking is available in the lot located at the corner of Commerce Center Dr. & Green Pointe Dr. South – however if your visit is the whole day, we ask you to please park in the general employee parking areas
Prior to your visit, please review the following site safety policy:
· All guests must wear flat, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes (no sandals or high heels). We recommend wearing comfortable shoes or sneakers.
· This is a walking tour and the path may include a flight of stairs.
· You may bring your keys, & your wallet on the tour. Please leave all other personal items at home or in your car, including bags, purses, briefcases, backpacks.
· No food or drink is permitted on the tour and all participants must be free from the influence of alcohol or drugs during the tour.
Photography not permitted
· No cameras or recording equipment are allowed on the tour. You may bring your cellphone so long as you do not use it to take pictures, videos or recordings of any kind.
Your safety is our priority!
· Please stay with your tour guide and remain within the designated walkways or areas, refrain from touching any equipment, and follow the instructions of the tour guide at all times.