Topic: One Billion New Machines, the Inflation Reduction Act, and Five Teams to Fight Climate Change
Note: Thursday 5:45pm to 7:30pm US-MT meeting
RSVP on Boulder Section’s meeting "Meetup Link"
RSVP note: Please provide your Name and Hometown. Same for any guests
5:45 pm Web Conference Start: Networking, Welcome and Section Business
6:00 pm Presentation
- Speaker: David M. Saunders, CC-P
- Topic:One Billion New Machines, the Inflation Reduction Act, and Five Teams to Fight Climate Change
- Presentation Recording at https://my.asq.org/viewdocument/2023-02presentation-5t-billion-mach-1?CommunityKey=f1d26709-601f-4e21-873f-018670cc8948
- Agenda includes group discussion
- 5T Five Teams to Fight Climate Change
- Strategy Team: Develops sustainability plan
- Adaptation Team: Protects vulnerable assets.
- Mitigation Team: Lowers greenhouse gases emissions.
- Reporting Team: Manages greenhouse gas data.
- Opportunity Team: Innovations new products and services.
- One Billion Machines: Video by Saul Griffith (13 minutes)
- The Inflation Reduction Act of 2022
- Electrify Everything in Your Home (free PDF book)
- Action (What you may do)
- We have the technology to slow climate change, such as wind turbines, solar panels, smart grids, heat pumps, and electric vehicles.
- But the transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy will require us to build one billion new machines.
- We have to replace your home gas (methane) furnace with an electric heat pump, replace your gas guzzler with an electric vehicle, and replace other climate-killing machines with green machines.
- This session will describe how the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) of 2022 will force this transition and the implications for your industry.
- Also, how to organize five teams to fight climate change in your organization .
- Bio David M. Saunders
- now retired, was the Senior Director of Quality for ResCare, a human services company with 45,000 employees.
- Before ResCare, David was a consultant at ARBOR specializing in research and training on gathering, understanding, and deploying the voice of the customer
- His client list included Ford Motor Company, Anheuser-Bush, Allied-Signal, Intel, and the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
- He is the co-author of Four Days with Dr. Deming, Addison-Wesley Press (10th printing);
- Author: Measuring Customer Satisfaction (ASQ ISO 9000 Handbook, Ch. 29);
- Author: Voice of the Customer Guide (USDOL) and numerous technical papers.
- David earned a BA from Hobart College and an MS from Pratt Institute.
- He is a volunteer at the Chesapeake Climate Action Network (CCAN) and a member of the Association of Climate Change Officers (ACCO).
- Climate Change Professional (CC-P), Certified by the Association of Climate Change Officers and the State of Maryland.