Greater Phoenix Quality Conference 2023 - Call for Papers
Theme: Driving Enterprise Excellence
Call for Speakers! Share your knowledge and experience with your peers!
Proposal Deadline: September 30, 2023 * Extended *
About the Event:
The ASQ Phoenix Section announces an in-person event for local, statewide, national, and international business, process, product, and service improvement professionals in all manner of industries to hear speakers discuss a variety of quality-related topics and to network with peers. At PHXCON, we believe in the power of collaboration and cross-pollination of ideas. This event offers a vibrant and inclusive environment encouraging participants to share their knowledge, expertise, and insights. By facilitating meaningful interactions and fostering interdisciplinary conversations, we aim to spark innovation, drive progress in our field, and enhance our members’ skills to drive enterprise-wide performance excellence and deliver exceptional customer experiences.
Whether you are an academic, researcher, industry professional, early career employee, or aspiring student, PHXCON offers an opportunity to connect, learn, and thrive. Join us as we collectively celebrate World Quality Month and shape the future of quality to improve business processes, products, and services toward delivering superior customer experiences. Improve your professional skills and enhance your professional network. We look forward to your active participation and the valuable contributions you will bring to this exciting conference experience.
Suggested areas of focus for the 2023 PHXCON are:
- Services (Financial, Utilities, Healthcare, Retail, Wholesale)
- Manufacturing & Supply Chain
- Small Gov / Education / Not for Profits
- Leadership, Culture & Workforce initiatives (e.g., DEI, ESG, etc.).
The Nov 3 Conference presentations will be aligned in 4 tracks:
- Technology (Big Data, Analytics, AI) and Innovation
- QMS, Standards, Cybersecurity and Risk Management
- Quality Tools (Basic Quality tools, Statistical analysis, RCA, CAPA, SPC, etc.), Interpersonal Skills (communication, critical thinking, collaboration, accountability, etc.), and Continuous Improvement (problem-solving, process improvement, etc.)
- Leadership, Culture, Emotional Intelligence, Workforce Engagement, and Organizational Excellence
The Nov 2 Pre-Conference Workshops will each be separately priced when final details are available. The scope of the Workshops includes leadership, metrics, quality tools, and soft skills.
The selected proposals for workshops and presentations will be given one complimentary conference registration each ($300 value).
Presentations must be 45-50 minutes long plus up to 10 minutes of Q&A. Presenters and instructors must be on site and will receive free admission to the conference, the Exhibitor Hall, keynote address, breaks, and lunch. Workshops can be ½ day or full-day. The Conference Committee will evaluate all proposals. There are 16 time slots available for presentations.
- September 30th: Please complete the form below and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than August 31st, 2023.
- October 8th: Applicants will be notified if the submitted proposal is accepted; confirmation requires a signed Speaker Agreement.
- October 13th: Sign and return the Speaker Agreement.
- October 27th: Submit the final set of slides.
Speaker / Instructor Proposal Form
1. Title: (Max 50 characters)
Provide a clear and concise title to list and publicize your presentation. Consider including a tagline, e.g. – "Raising the Bar to Excellence – a CAPA journey."
2. Description: (Max 100 Words)
Show the prime focus of your presentation/workshop and what the attendee(s) will learn. Provide a short description of your session that will be posted on the conference website and distributed electronically to registrants. Consider identifying the intended audience (Management, Engineers, Quality Professionals, etc.) and what they will learn. Please think of this as an advertising blurb to capture people's attention and make them want to attend.
3. Session / Workshop Abstract(s): (250-300 Words)
Please provide a more detailed overview of your proposed presentation/workshop for inclusion in the conference materials. Abstracts should include the following:
- Introduction of the topic, including context and background (don't repeat the Description above)
- Objectives regarding what you intend to communicate; and what problem(s) are you addressing?
- Approaches you intend to use to get your message across, e.g. – case studies, data analyses, tips & tricks, tools, templates, etc.
- Key takeaways the audience should expect to learn.
4. Biographical Sketch: (150-200 Words)
Please summarize your career and credentials for publishing in the conference proceedings. This information should be composed from the third-person perspective. You may also include a link to your LinkedIn profile or website.
5. Contact Info & Credentials:
Name, address, email, phone, organization, title, and LinkedIn profile link.
6. Workshops Only:
The ASQ Phoenix Conference Planning Committee has established the following fee schedule for all PHXCON Workshops:
1/2 day (4 hrs): $100/person if purchased with a Conference registration
1/2 day (4 hrs): $125/person if purchasing the workshop only (no conference)
Full-day (8hrs): $200/person if purchased with a Conference registration
Full-day (8 hrs): $250/person if purchasing the workshop only (no conference)
Workshop instructors are expected to promote their workshop to their customers to improve registration counts, which will also increase interest and attendance at the PHXCON event. ASQ Phoenix will provide a social media packet with logos, banners, etc.
7. Additional Info:
Anything that may increase the value or credibility of your proposal, for example, the presenter's relevant credentials or experience in the related field, etc. If the proposed or similar presentation has been presented in another venue, preferably a national venue, it will add to the credibility and interest of our audience; if the organization or the presenter has won relevant industry recognitions, such as awards or press citations, this will be of benefit in attracting attendees. An attachment of your presentation or an outline slide is welcome.
Final presentation slide decks may use the template of your choosing but the title page and every slide must display the PHXCON logo.
Please submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than September 30th, 2023.
Interested in possible sponsorship and/or exhibiting, or for general questions about the Conference, please email Hilary Werner or Robert "QualityBob" Mitchell.