Topic: Starting the Second Decade of Quality, Improvement, and Innovation at CDOT!
Note: Thursday 5:45pm to 7:30pm US-MT meeting
RSVP on Boulder Section’s meeting "Meetup Link"
- Meetup web site does not support IE11, IE10 browsers
- Meetup web site supported browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari
RSVP note: Please provide your Name and Hometown. Same for any guests
5:45 pm Web Conference Start: Networking, Welcome and Section Business
6:00 pm Presentation
- Speaker: Gary Vansuch, Director, Office of Process Improvement, CDOT
- Topic: Starting the Second Decade of Quality, Improvement, and Innovation at CDOT!
- In 2011, Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper promised to improve state government,
- Noting that " ... making government more effective, efficient and elegant means listening to our state employees and learning from them how we can do better ...".
- And, back in 2011, Governor Hickenlooper continued that " ... we initiated
the Lean program in almost every state agency, where employee teams are now actively identifying waste and inefficiency to create savings ... "
- At the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), we took that commitment very seriously during the First Decade of Quality, Improvement, and Innovation.
- To make that a reality, we combined the principles and practices of Lean quality improvement with the principles and practices of change management to make CDOT's services more effective, efficient, and customer-focused.
- And, we are redoubling our efforts as we start the Second Decade of Quality, Improvement, and Innovation, at CDOT
- come hear about all of that on Thursday, October 27!
- Gary Vansuch describes himself this way:
- I am the most fortunate person on the planet:
- I have a wonderful wife, and we are in our 43rd year of marriage;
- And two terrific grown children who are making important contributions to society in education and science.
- I am honored to lead the Very Best Team on the Planet;
- I have the Very Best Job on Earth as the Director of Process Improvement at the Colorado Department of Transportation.
7:15 pm After Presentation Networking
7:30 pm Web Conference End: meeting over
Place: Web Conference Webex
Meeting also posted on ASQ Boulder Meetup's 27 Oct 2022 meeting