Standards

View Only
  • 1.  ISO/IEC 17025 Question

Posted 01/25/19 11:31 AM
    Are valid complaints also written up as non conformances  according to ISO/IEC 17025 standard?

Regards,

Saira

• 2.  RE: ISO/IEC 17025 Question

Posted 03/19/19 07:23 AM
    Saira, i do not have any experience with this standard, but i do have 9001. I looked it up and the 17025:2017 has 7.9 Complaints. 
    7.9.3 The process for handling complaints shall include at least the following elements and methods: a) description of the process for receiving, validating, investigating the complaint, and deciding what actions are to be taken in response to it; b) tracking and recording complaints, including actions undertaken to resolve them; c) ensuring that any appropriate action is taken.

and in 8.7 Corrective Actions, it talks about "when nonconformities occur..." 

Reading this, it does not expressly state that complaints are handled as Corrective Actions/Nonconformance's, but it would be a good avenue to take. CAPA's (corrective action, preventive action) are a great way to show that you have addressed the issue, and are striving to make sure that it doesn't happen again. It is also useful for tracking when a problem is recurring... then you can bring it up as a Risk.