RU *are you* one of the lucky ones recertifying in December 2018? Have you started your Recertification Journal bookkeeping but are coming up short? Here are online video courses to try:
Can you count reading as training? There's an e-book you could read--
I think that if you are trying and get creative with what you do and how you document what you do, you can recertify by the 12/31/2018 recertification date (note that there is a grace period, but don't procrastinate!!)
For all of these aforementioned areas I receive documentation from someone else. I have attended a lot of webinars for RUs as well. For many of these I have received documentation, but for others I have to keep the documentation myself. Most of them send "thank you for participating" emails at least, so I use those. The Blue Ridge ASQ section has multiple webinar offerings each month, and they send RU certificates each month for what you attended the previous. So far I have been able to achieve RU with minimal out-of-pocket expenses which is good because I don't have a lot of money available to fund my recertification.
1. Get your Senior membership. If you have been a Full Member for 1 year, have over 10 years in the Quality profession, and want to renew your ASQ certification, get your ASQ upgrade today. Call 1-800-248-1946.
2. After WCQI, be alert for the Call For Reviewers. Submit your application to be a reviewer. This is not an entitlement, but awarded based on matching needs with capabilities.
3. Review your assigned abstracts and submit your scores. Each year you do this is worth 1.5 RU for Committee Involvement.
4. Attend WCQI with the reviewer promo code (complimentary registration). Your reward for attending WCQI is 1RU per day or 3 RU for the conference for Professional Development.
5. Moderate sessions at WCQI. Each session moderated is worth 0.5 RU; typical workload is 3 sessions, resulting in 1.5 RU per conference for Presentations and Publications.
6. if during WCQI you also attend any events like ITAG, Community Leadership Institute sessions, or Division meetings, those are also worth additional RU for Meetings
Attending the ASQ conferences (LSS, WCQI, etc.) will definitely fast-track your RU accumulation, in a very enjoyable and fulfilling manner.
- Committee Service: Elected positions, full committee participation, ad hoc contributions
- Speaker or presenter at conferences or meetings
- Articles included within member unit publications
- Credit for attendance at meetings and events
- Certifications acquired during 3 year period
ASQ website states:
Looking for ways to earn recertification units (RUs)? Viewing all the webcasts in this month’s member gift equals approximately three hours (or 0.3 RUs) of home study activity under courses. Visit asq.org/cert/recertification for details.
Live Chat stated:
1) List under Student (Courses)
2) Professional Development
Besides where to submit in journal, can we list all webinars in one member gift together or do they need to be individually submitted?
Thank you! 🤯