NEW!!! Automotive Excellence Magazine Winter 2022
Next ASQ Automotive Division Webinar: Coming Jan 2023
Past Events 2022
2022 Quality and Reliability Symposium October 21, 2022
Topics and Speakers:
Oakland University Host Message - Louay Chamra, Dean
ASQ Auto Chair Message, LouAnn Lathrop
Keynote: Vince Mastrangelo, Head of Quality and Environment at Continental Quality Leader of the Year Award
Top 5 Reasons that Manufacturing Organizations Struggle with Quality in 2022 – Daniel Katto, Director, Business Development & Project Management, Luminous Group
Managing the Change from 4th Edition to AIAG-VDA FMEA Alignment – Ron Estrada, Solutions Engineer for Plato NA
Optimization of Vehicle IIHS Small Overlap Rigid Barrier (SORB) Impact Performance Using a Simplified Spring-Mass Model -Sae Park - Senior Technical Specialist, Stellantis
Questioning Assumptions Via Systems Thinking - Carl Berardinelli, OpEx Manager, General Motors
Applying TRIZ to Creative Problem-Solving Workshop - Jonathan D'Angelo, Engineering Group Manager, General Motors
IATF16949 - Upcoming Changes - Cherie Reiche, Managing Director, IAOB and Michelle Maxwell, Director, IAOB Inventive Thinking for Value, Quality and Reliability - Dave Verduyn, President C2C Solutions Inc.
11/28/22 Communicating with Leadership-Strategies and techniques for the modern quality professional, Jeremy Hazel
9/15/2022 Fall Kick Off with Detroit and Ann Arbor Section: Design for Six Sigma Visual Methods to Root Cause and Optimize, Mike Turner
8/23/2022 The Continuous Development of Intellectual Capital in Quality 4.0, Dr. Milton Krivokuca
6/15/22 Hypothesis Testing, Michael Vella https://www.youtube.com/user/ASQStatsDivision
2/10/22 What You Need to Know About the New AIAG VDA and SAE J1739 Design FMEA Methodologies, Richard Harpster
Click here to see Pictures of Event
Past Events in 2021 (see links for replay/content):
11/10/21 Guangbin Yang Quality Symposium
- Keynote Speaker Mike Hardie, Director of Operational Excellence at GM
- Kush Shah: Integrating Design Thinking in Six Sigma and DFSS Projects
- Mike Emat: Problem Solving 101 - Problem Solving Mindset
- Steve Sibrel: Quality 4.0: Overview and Core Concepts
- Carl Carlson: Reviewing SAE'S New FMEA J1739 Standard
- 10/6/21 ASQ and ASQE’s Connected Journey
Ann Jordan, the CEO of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and Jim Templin, the CEO of ASQExcellence (ASQE) explain how the two societies are embarking on a journey to inspire excellence in order to meet the evolving needs of the global quality community. You’ll also hear more about ASQE’s recently published “Insights on Excellence Automotive Industry Report”, which includes insights from the 2021 Chair Elect of the ASQ Automotive Division, Lou Ann Lathrop
- 9/14/21 ASQ Detroit Joint Meeting with Automotive Division & Ann Arbor Section Quality Impact by People Power - Subir Chowdhury
- 7/27/21 Introduction to Shainin Red X Problem Solving
- 6/28/21 Technical Problem-Solving Tactic of Choice – The Component Swap
- 5/20/21 Joint Event w ASQ Detroit Section Supplier PPAP - What Software Does and Does Not Work & Why John Cachat
- 3/18/21 Applying Law of TRIZ Ideality to achieve Quality “Quality = Minimal Harm to Society” Dr. Taguchi
- 3/30/20: Product and Process Risk Analysis and the Impact on Product Safety, Quality, and Reliability
- 4/29/20: FCA Intro to Blackbelt & Shainin Training
- 6/2//20: Project Planning: Getting More Things Right the First Time
- 8/19/2020 Guangbin Yang Reliability Symposium
- 9/17/2020: Quality Culture: Critical Elements For Creating and Sustaining a “Culture of Quality” In Any Organization
- 11/17/2020: Beyond the Sticker and the Certificate (Ensuring Better Measurements and Reducing Risk)
- 12/9/2020: ASQ Automotive Division Awards Event Keynote Speaker: Ann Green, Global Director of Product Development Design Assurance for Vehicle Components and Systems at Ford Motor Company
|ASQ Automotive Division LinkedIn Group
This myASQ site is our main website. We are migrating data from http://www.asq-auto.org/.
2022 Winter Automotive Excellence
ASQ Automotive Division Magazine Winter 2022 ContentsLetter from the Chair - Lou Ann Lathrop
ASQ Member Spotlight – Mohammad Hijawi, Ph. D.
The Road to Quality and Profitability Deming vs Six Sigma
Monroe county ...
Date Created: 12/26/2022 03:15 PM
2022 Quality Leader of the Year Keynote Address 10/21/22
Head of Quality and Environment
Date Created: 12/23/2022 02:53 PM
2022 Fall Automotive Excellence
ASQ Automotive Division Magazine Fall 2022LETTER FROM THE CHAIR – Lou Ann Lathrop
ASQ Member Spotlight – Mary Beth Soly
It can’t hurt to hope – Eric Budd
Leading a Quality Culture that Increases ...
Date Created: 10/17/2022 03:17 AM
2022_08 The Continuous Development of Intellectual Capital in Quality 4.0
The Continuous Development of Intellectual Capital in Quality 4.0
Milton Krivokuca DBA, ASQ Fellow, CMQ/OE
Tuesday, August 23, 2022
The uncertainty, instability and rapid changes in ...
Date Created: 09/07/2022 08:03 PM
Chair Lou Ann Lathrop firstname.lastname@example.org
Chair Elect Kush Shah email@example.com
Want to join us?
If you're currently an ASQ member but not a member of Automotive, contact ASQ customer care and add us to your membership! If you're not an ASQ member, we hope you'll become a member and select us as one of your divisions!
Join our linkedin group https://www.linkedin.com/groups/1383527/
Looking for ASQ Automotive Company Liaison Officers- Build and maintain mutually beneficial strong relationship between ASQ Automotive Division and automotive OEMs / Suppliers globally: Act as a single point contact between ASQ Automotive Division.
Note: member count below is members in this myASQ site ASQ Automotive Division has been in the past over 10k in membership