Presenter: David A. Tweedt, Win Enterprises, LLC
Where: WebEx, Click here to register
When: Tuesday October 26th, 6pm-7:30pm
Topic Synopsis: You have pressure to hit your numbers and delivery productivity: you MUST hit your financial targets and still deliver great operational performance. That might seem impossible in this world of shrinking budgets, but what if I told you EVERY productivity project has financial impact AND that you have potentially $ MILLIONS available to you in your operations, right now. You just need to know what to look for and how to look. In this session, you will learn how to look at your base operational and financial performance through a new lens that enables you to see opportunities and tie projects directly to your financials. You will learn to accurately predict new performance levels and to describe the specific projects and initiatives to get there. And, you will learn to determine the value of creating this new "future state" of your operations. In short, you will learn how to find the hidden money and know your numbers.
David A. Tweedt
David is President and CFO of Win Enterprises, LLC. Since his early days at Wiremold, where he had roles that led to Wiremold’s winning the prestigious Shingo Prize, he recognized the importance of creating a highly engaged team as a core element of successful change initiatives.
David is a thought-leader, having developed multiple approaches to tailor Lean principles to various unique company situations and to enable these businesses to thrive. Building off his foundation of Toyota Production System (TPS) from ex-Toyota sensei’s while at the Wiremold Company, he combines Lean principles with a solid business acumen and creative technical innovation to implement high performing and very profitable companies.
David’s experience with the TPS and team engagement extended beyond Wiremold to the Irwin Tools site he led, where he drove these principles with a year-over-year track record of outstanding results – with a 60.7% CAGR on Operating Income. His coaching style builds capability and high team satisfaction, and converts to sustainable results.
David is a contributing author to the Best Seller, Elite Business Systems: Insider Strategies of Industry Leading Consultants.
David has thirty years of lean manufacturing experience in a variety of industries, including:• Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center – Director, Business Transformation; included Shingo Prize Auditor training
• Irwin Tools (A Newell Rubbermaid Company) – Director of Operations and Site Leader
• The Wiremold Company – various roles in manufacturing, distribution, and sales including Value Stream Team Leader, Warehouse Manager, Distributor Sales Representative, Operations Manager, Shipping Supervisor, and Just-In-Time Facilitator. These roles directly contributed to Wiremold’s winning the Shingo Prize in 1999.
Selective Impact• Drove leadership and operations improvement engagement for multi-site MRO of $5B aerospace division – improved productivity 14-17% and OTD 9-11%, elevated employee engagement and accountability; 1st year savings $19-24m.
• Diagnostic for $30m aerospace composite manufacturer. Determined over 25% reduction in conversion cost through lean methods and daily leadership: over $4m annual savings.
• For $300m Division, mentored leadership team and execution teams in problem-solving methodology, while capturing over $1m in savings.
• For $15M Division of a $1B company, developed and implemented improvement initiatives to increase site-wide throughput by 46.4% and created $1.6M in annualized savings.
David has a Bachelor’s of Science. in Mechanical Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute and a Master’s of Science in Operations Management from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute at Hartford. He is a certified ITA NLP Practitioner.