Presented by VMEC in partnership with the Vermont Section of ASQ.
- Friday 8:30-Noon September 9, 16, 23, 30 2022
In four half-day sessions: participants will learn the tools, techniques, and necessary planning to improve a business process and achieve better process outcomes, with increased efficiency.
- Added value: This course ALSO prepares you to attain the Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA) status with the American Society for Quality (ASQ). Go to: https://asq.org/cert/quality-improvement-associate
This course will enable participants to competently contribute to process improvement initiatives, while getting a comprehensive understanding of how quality management has, and continues to evolve in all business sectors, and globally.
Who should attend: managers, supervisors and individual contributors who want to gain the knowledge and skills of a quality practitioner who participates in, or leads, process improvement projects.
- Participants can bring a project to work on throughout the duration of the
- course and get instructor feedback & guidance on the project. Examples:
- Cycle time analysis and reduction
- Root cause analysis
- Process measurement (SPC application)
- Variation & waste analysis and reduction
- Session 1: Quality management systems, terms & the quality gurus’ philosophies
- Session 2: Fundamentals of quality improvement, root cause analysis and process
- improvement using A3 problem solving and various quality tools
- Session 3: Choosing, chartering and leading a process improvement project team
- Session 4: Quality assurance & control fundamentals, including CAPA the 8D way
For more information contact Tim King firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Fee: $595 per person
- Test fee is $294.00 (ASQ members) $394.00 (non-members); fee is in addition to the course fee.
- Knowledgeable employees who assure product and service quality.
- Internationally recognized credentials from the global voice of quality.
- Greater employee loyalty and retention.
- A more competent Vermont workforce.
Tim King is the founding partner of the consulting and training firm, Quality Matters LLC, based in Williston, VT. He is a senior member of the adjunct faculty team at the American Society for Quality (ASQ). Tim provides clients with his extensive business experience, having worked in various management and operational leadership capacities in the private sector and as a consultant for the past twenty-five years.
Tim has a master’s degree in Training & Management Development, and a master’s degree in Engineering. He is an adjunct instructor for the National American Society for Quality and has been certified by ASQ as Manager of Quality & Organizational Excellence (CMQOE); a Quality Auditor (CQA), a Quality Inspector (CQI) and Quality Improvement Associate (CQIA).
Tim obtained his Lean Six-Sigma Master Black Belt from the Thayer School of Engineering-Dartmouth College. He is certified to administer the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, MBTI®.