Join Waterloo Brewing
We are seeking 2 new Quality Technicians, 1 full time position, and 1 - 1 year contract position. Must be able to work a variety of shifts including rotational, days, afternoons and nights as well as 12-hr continentals. Great opportunity for recent Food Science Graduates.
- To ensure adherence to Quality Specifications in all departments
- To lead or assist investigations into Out of Specification conditions
- To ensure product meets all regulatory requirements
- To act a technical resource for operators in all departments
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for accurate analysis, documentation and reporting of specified Analytical parameters for products (including co-pack) at a variety of points during the process, according to standard sampling programs.
- Responsible for accurate analysis, documentation and reporting of specified Microbial parameters for products (including co-pack) at a variety of points during the process, according to standard sampling programs.
- Responsible for identification of non standard elements of risk and reporting situations to appropriate supervisory staff in affected department and to Quality Assurance Manager.
- Responsible for identification of non conforming products, placing production on Quality hold, as per procedure and investigation of incidents
- Responsible for the completion of audits of the GMP, Quality Procedures, Food Safety procedures and standard operating procedures
- Responsible for the communication of the results of audits and the corrective actions associated with the audits
- Ensure all raw materials (including water) are of standard quality to ensure safety, quality and consistency of the product
- Ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices, including Clean in Place
- Maintain Good Housekeeping Practices in designated work areas
- Maintain accurate and legible documentation
- Report any maintenance issues to Quality Manager
- Responsible for the investigation of consumer inquiries and reporting of findings to the Quality Assurance Manager
- Responsible for the preparation of sensory panels for standard defect analysis and product development
- Other tasks or duties as assigned by supervision or management, that may be required to ensure the continues success of the company
- Post-secondary education in a science related or QA field
- Sound laboratory technique
- Excellent computed skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Solid command of safety requirements
- Flexible, ability to provide support to a 24/7 operations
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Quality Assurance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)