We are recruiting for a hands-on Quality Manager with strong technical and relationship building skills to join our growing Team. This position is a full-time permanent position reporting to the Operations Manager.
The Quality Manager will ensure quality standards and procedures are met and aligned with legislation and customer specifications. This individual will be responsible for managing the organizations quality assurance policies and leading root cause analysis/problem solving. The Quality Manager will also establish performance standards, procedures, and audit controls in order to meet business requirements, as well as identify and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of company operations.
- Provide leadership, developing and directing QA and quality improvement initiatives for all company products and services.
- Monitor QA systems and advise the Management team on system performance; publish statistics regarding performance against set goals.
- Provide expert knowledge regarding Root Cause Analysis, Effectiveness Criteria and documentation of quality improvement efforts in alignment with regulatory requirements
- Foster positive customer relationships through proactive and positive interactions, problem analysis presentations (internal and external), tracking and monitoring customer reports and production group performance results
- Lead the scrap reduction team, providing analysis and implementing controls and actions for scrap reduction
- Lead, coach, and mentor quality group team members on quality principles and practices
- Coordinate the development and preparation of quality documentation to support APQP, corrective actions, continuous improvement and plant metrics.
- Perform gap analysis between applicable and current ISO standards; establish and implement a quality plan to maintain ISO compliance.
- Ensuring that internal QA audits are performed that are compliant with corporate policies, practices, and procedures.
- Maintain a QA program for monitoring supplier quality, including audits, controls, and other qualifiers.
- Conduct risk analyses, verification, validation activities, and formal design reviews, as applicable.
- Support new product development and continuous improvement and by integrating quality control tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, etc.) into processes.
- Act as liaison with customer auditors and assume responsibility for ensuring corrective actions with customer specifications.
- Identify relevant QA training needs and opportunities.
- Postsecondary degree/diploma in engineering or quality management.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years' progressive management experience in manufacturing and quality, ideally in plastics injection moulding.
- Faro Arm experience would be considered an asset
- Proficiency in quality systems, statistical measurements and quality tools/standards,
- Superior analytical, project management, time management and computer software skills.
- Period travel local and US required
- Diplomacy, tact, and professionalism when interacting with all team members
- Strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment
We look forward to meeting qualified candidates for this opportunity and encourage those who are interested to submit a resume, outlining salary expectations.
Bock North America welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process
Job Type: Full-time
- Plastics Injection Molding: 3 years (Preferred)
- Quality Management: 5 years (Preferred)