ASQ's 2018 Fellows Celebrated Prior To World Conference On Quality And Improvement
The new Fellows — José Carlos Flores-Molina, Alka Jarvis, and Abhijit Sengupta — were celebrated April 29 in Seattle.
ASQ currently has nearly 650 active Fellows who represent diverse industries on a global scale. Fellow membership status is awarded to individuals who are ASQ members in good standing and meet the following criteria:
• Have at least 15 years of quality-related experience.
• Achieve requirements across six professional categories.
• Are sponsored by peers and endorsed by their ASQ section or division.
• Have been an ASQ Senior member for five years or longer.
“ASQ Fellows are leaders in their industries and in the quality community as a whole,” said ASQ Chair Elmer Corbin. “These individuals are champions of quality, working to make the products and services we rely on better.”
The 2018 ASQ Fellows, in alphabetical order, are:
- José Carlos Flores-Molina, Instituto Para La Calidad – PUCP, Lima, Peru — For outstanding leadership in promoting, educating and organizing on standardization, accreditation, continuous improvement, human factors and TQM; for pioneering contributions to quality movement in Peru with the National Standards and Accreditation Body; and for promoting ASQ in Peru including the creation of the first local members community in Lima, Peru.
- Alka Jarvis, Cisco Systems, San Jose, Calif. — For exceptional leadership in development of ISO standards activities in U.S. TAG to ISO/TC176; for outstanding accomplishments in developing, promoting and starting the Best Practice Center of Excellence at Cisco and implementing quality management principles at Apple; and for contributions in the quality profession work as a practitioner, consultant, university educator, author, auditor and presenter.
- Abhijit Sengupta, Washington, D.C. — For sustained contributions in the theory and application of reliability and quality control in the nuclear power industry; for long-time service to the ASQ certification process and extensive publications in support of reliability-based thinking; and for continuous dedication to ASQ at the local and division levels.
ASQ, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., USA, is a global community of people dedicated to quality who share the ideas and tools that make our world work better. With individual and organizational members in more than 140 countries, ASQ has the reputation and reach to bring together the diverse quality champions who are transforming the world’s organizations and communities to meet tomorrow’s critical challenges.