- CC – Customer Care department
- DE – Digital Experience team (cross-functional)
- KP – Knowledge and Publications (includes ASQ Books/Quality Press)
- MS – Member Services
- OS – Office Services
- P360 Team – The P360 team is a cross-functional development team that uses Scrum methodology to help achieve the organization’s strategic priorities as they relate to the platform. The team works closely with stakeholders, other teams, and Personify (vendor) to deliver potentially releasable increments of work every two weeks. Though team members represent several areas of the organization and different areas of specialty, they share work across the platform as much as possible and accountability for the team as a whole.
- BOD – Board of Directors
- EC – Executive Council
- SPC – Strategic Planning Committee
- ELT – Executive Leadership Team
- CEO – Chief Executive Officer
- CFO – Chief Financial Officer
- CIO – Chief Information Officer
- CCO – Chief Commercial Officer
- CMSO – Chief Member Services Officer
- COO – Chief Operating Officer
- AMS – Association Management System: A type of Enterprise Resource Management (ERM) focused on how our members connect, how they interact with the ASQ websites/ properties, message boards, e-content, etc. and holds all member details (demographic information along with purchase history).
- CBT – Computer-based testing
- Customer “Top Box” Satisfaction – This is a measure of all ASQ events and learning products, virtual and in-person, averaging the percentage of top box satisfaction scores from post-event surveys. We ask for satisfaction ratings on a scale for our conferences and training courses and this is the percentage of respondents that rated ASQ in the top box which is defined as 9/10 or 10/10 for overall satisfaction.
- DAM – Data asset management
- DAM/DAMV – Digital Asset Management Vault – Location where Society documents digitally reside (policies, procedures)
- DEI – Diversity, Equity, Inclusion – Part of ASQ’s cultural initiatives to make ASQ a “place I want to be.”
- DRMM – Digital Rights Management: A set of access control technologies for restricting the use of proprietary hardware and copyrighted works, which includes the management and use of ASQ’s IP.
- ECM – Enterprise Content Management: Various tools and strategies that allows ASQ/ASQE to create, manage, deliver, store and dispose records and documents related to our business needs.
- EQLP – Emerging Quality Leaders Program: A program that accelerates the transfer of executive knowledge and leadership experience related to quality and improvement to the next generation of executive leaders.
- ERM – Enterprise Resource Management: Our software/system stack on managing day-to-day operations.
- ERM – Enterprise Risk Management: The methods and processes used by organizations to manage risks and seize opportunities related to the achievement of their objectives. This is the more common usage of the acronym.
- ePly – Event and registration management software which integrates attendee event payment into Billhighway’s financial management tool.
- IP – Intellectual Property – A category of property that includes intangible creations of the human intellect. It allows people or organizations to profit from the information and intellectual goods they create, which helps drive value and revenue for ASQ.
- MyASQ – ASQ's online community – Where members can share, learn, and network with leaders and peers of the quality community. Members are able to access relevant solutions, create meaningful connections, and interaction with like-minded individuals.
- myASQ Finance – A finance system streamlines all member unit banking, accounting, and financial reporting.
- Personify360 – is an association management system. An AMS is used by professional and trade associations to manage information for individuals and organizations, including transactions, participation, and involvement. As the primary system of record, it drives our customers’ ebusiness experiences and access to several integrated systems which provide certification, learning, and content management.
- Provider Network – A system for vetting and designating highly qualified instructors, companies and other entities throughout the world to deliver ASQ and ASQE branded education and certification preparation materials to organizations and the public.
- QBoK– Quality Body of Knowledge. The sum of all information relating to or concerning quality, the QBOK® contains practical and academic content and data on defining, achieving, measuring, controlling, and improving quality.
- Quality 4.0 – A term that references the future of quality, digital transformation and organizational excellence within the context of Industry 4.0. Quality professionals can play a vital role in leading their organizations to apply proven quality disciplines to new, digital, and disruptive technologies.
- RSC – Regional Service Center – ASQ offices representing global regions, including: ASQ Latin America, ASQ North Asia, ASQ South Asia.
- SME – Subject Matter Experts – A person who is an authority in an area or topic. The term is used when developing materials about a topic, and expertise on the topic is needed by the personnel developing the material.
- UBIT – Unrelated Business Income Tax. Even though an organization is recognized as tax exempt, it still may be liable for tax on its unrelated business income.
- LSSC – Lean & Six Sigma Conference.
- WCQI – World Conference on Quality & Improvement.
- Quality 4.0 Summit – A conference that focuses on Quality 4.0, as defined as the future of quality, digital transformation and organizational excellence within the context of Industry 4.0.
- JQP – Journal for Quality and Participation (formerly Quarterly, now Online)
- JQT – Journal for Quality Technology (Ongoing Online)
- LSSR – Lean & Six Sigma Review (Quarterly)
- QE – Quality Engineering (Ongoing Online – Annual Print Version)
- QP – Quality Progress (Monthly Magazine)
- QMJ – Quality Management Journal (Ongoing Online)
- SQP – Software Quality Professional (Quarterly)
- Techno – Technometrics (Quarterly)
ASQ MEMBER UNIT TERMS
- Topic & Industry Communities – See a listing of communities here: https://asq.org/communities-networking/topic-industr
- GCC – Geographic Communities Council
- TCC – Technical Communities Council
- MUOA – Member Unit Operating Agreement
- ASQE – ASQExcellence was founded in January 2020 as a trade association whose mission is to set the standard for quality-driven offerings and insights worldwide, inspiring the organizations it serves to achieve excellence.
- IoE – Insights on Excellence, ASQE’s benchmarking tool that will be available for ASQE Organizational Members as a benefit of the new Organizational Membership model. This tool will help organizations better understand their strengths and weakness and compare their results across a global data set within eight Criteria Categories inspired by the Baldrige framework.
- IoE Annual Research Report – Annual research report required per ASQE’s status as 501c6 entity (trade association) to provide insights on advancement in the quality industry, based upon the IoE benchmarking tool data gathering and related activities of the association.
- ERT – Excellence Roundtable – An annual quality event exclusively for Organizational Members, formerly known as the “Executive Roundtable.” Historically only for Enterprise Members, as of 2021 this event is open to all levels of Organizational Membership under the new Organizational Member model. This event provides attendees with a keynote, networking opportunities, discussions/workshops, and previews of upcoming ASQE tools and resources. This event also provides volunteer opportunities for ASQ members.
- ITEA – International Team Excellence Award – A globally recognized and respected quality recognition program focusing on business improvement. This program allows teams to use the ITEA criteria to guide an improvement project within their organizations. In 2021 this program will be revamped to align with the Insights on Excellence tool as an opportunity for ASQE Organizational Members.
QUALITY RELATED TERMS
Quality-Related (also visit: https://asq.org/quality-resources/quality-glossary)
- COQ – Cost of Quality
- DMAIC – Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control
- LSSBB – Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- LSS – Lean Six Sigma
- LSSMBB – Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- LAQ – Learn About Quality
- PDSA/PDCA – Plan Do Study/Check, Act
- QFD – Quality Function Deployment
- QIC – Quality Information Center
- QF – Quality Fundamentals
- QT – Quality Tools
- RCA – Root Cause Analysis
- TQM – Total Quality Management
- VOC – Voice of the Customer
- CBA – Certified Biomedical Auditor
- CCT – Certified Calibration Technician
- CFSQA –Food Safety and Quality Auditor
- CMQ/OE – Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence
- CMBB – Certified Master Black Belt
- CPGP – Certified Pharmaceutical GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) Professional
- CQA – Certified Quality Auditor
- CQE– Certified Quality Engineer
- CQIA – Certified Quality Improvement Associate
- CQI – Certified Quality Inspector
- CQPA – Certified Quality Process Analyst
- CQT – Certified Quality Technician
- CRE – Certified Reliability Engineer
- CSSBB – Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- CSSGB – Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- CSSYB – Certified Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- CSQE – Certified Software Quality Engineer
- CQSP – Certified Supplier Quality Professional