ASQ Lean Enterprise Division Webinar Wed OCTOBER 9 - PART II: Rapid Improvement Cycles and Deming’s System of Profound Knowledge
- Vital structures for success, including the 3 Basic Questions, creating existence structures to support integrity of commitments and the Three Level Meeting for Aim Realignment
- Concepts and Principles such as Creating from the Future, Change and the Kubler-Ross Loss Curve, the Sources of Upset, Learning Principles to make new knowledge stick, and Stages of Team development.
- Coaching the Coach on working with a Team Leader, including useful questions
- Coaching the Team Leader on How to Coach Their Team
- Common Issues such as, team leaders continuing to act as individual performers, conflicting schedules, solving problems where observed vs. at the sources, and bias or assumptions.
Eric Budd is an improvement leader who successfully employs lean methods to generate improvements in both manufacturing and non-manufacturing process. Eric continually seeks to implement approaches to leadership, feedback processes, compensation and improvement based upon the work of W. Edwards Deming. Prior to returning to Michigan, Eric worked as an Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Coordinator at United Technologies where he taught and led VSM and lean implementation events. Eric was a co-developer of the original version of the CQI Academy, has led and updated the CQI Academy since 2012 and now leads the new IQI Academy. In 2017 the Michigan Lean Consortium (MLC) honored Eric with their Distinguished Service Award.
He holds a B.S in Information Management and a M.S. in Quality Systems Management and participates on the ASQ Deming Medal Committee.