An example of using proverbs for learning are the Go Proverbs Illustrated by Kensaku Segoe. Here's an example from the book of a proverb for Go: The enemy's key play is my own key play.
The Bible also has a book of Proverbs: Proverbs 6:6-8 ... people should learn a lesson from the way ants live. They have no leader, chief, or ruler, but they store up their food during the summer, getting ready for winter.
There have been short sayings about Quality that have stuck with me and I continue to remember and apply.
- Say what you do and Do what you say.
- In Quality, we are trying to work ourselves out of a job.
- If it's not documented, it didn't happen.
- Quality advocates for the Customer.
- I trust in God, all others bring Data.
What's your favorite Quality saying? (Post a reply)