How to Claim Multimedia RU
- 0.25 RU per 15 minutes
Category Maximum: 3.6 RUs
- To receive credit in this category, media must be watched or listened to for a minimum of 15 minutes. No credit may be claimed for simply adding media to a quality library.
- Electronic media includes, but is not limited to, audio and videotapes, CD-ROMs, DVDs, podcasts, etc. Webinars should be claimed under the Professional Development category (A).
- The media source must directly apply to the Body of Knowledge OR be job-enhancing.
- If the media source is part of a training package, credit would be issued under the Courses-Student Credit category (D).
- Double credit will not be awarded for activities associated with the media source. Example: If a videotape is shown at a local section meeting, credit can be claimed either for the section meeting OR for viewing the videotape-not for both events.
- This credit is not given for reading books, articles, or written materials.
- Web-based and computer-based courses, degree and nondegree format, may be claimed under the Courses-Student Credit category (D).
- A letter on company letterhead signed by your supervisor or personnel department attesting to the date(s) you viewed/listened to the media source, its title and length of time, OR a copy of the media source with the above-listed information
I mostly used some of the monthly ASQ monthly member bundle webcasts, Gemba Academy podcasts and Juran Institute videos. An hour a month for three years will get you the maximum of 3.6 RU.
Peter Stamps, ASQ CMQ/OE, ASQ CQA