Question about (CSSGB)

Question about (CSSGB)

Posted by Moutaz Al Hobayshi on Dec 20, 2018 8:48 pm

Dear All,

I am a Quality Management student and I will graduate on August 2019, I'm looking to take "Six Sigma Green Belt Certification", but it require three years of experience on quality field. I wonder if it possible to take the Course and Exam if I am Quality student as an exception as my professor said?

Few weeks ago I talked to my profesor and she said, if you taken the Collage Course "Design of Experiments", you can send an email to ASQ to do the examination!

Courses taken:
  • Quality Control.
  • Quality Assurance.
  • Total Quality Management.
  • Production Method & Process.
  • Design of Experiments.

Many thanks
Moutaz alhobayshi

Re: Question about (CSSGB)

Posted by Kevin Manglos on Dec 20, 2018 9:20 pm

That may be an option. I am not sure whom you would contact though.
 It has been my experience and that the ASQ keeps the requirements to sit for exams sacred. The requirements and their applicability to everyone is what insures the standard. Which an up and coming quality student like yourself can appreciate. Best of luck to you.
Regards,
-KM

Re: Question about (CSSGB)

Posted by Imran Rana on Dec 20, 2018 11:13 pm

You can take the course and the experience can be waived off in case of certain level of education (graduation or post graduation)  or a set of courses studied at university, work done for university or work experience in evening on the body of knowledge. There may be some other options etc.

Re: Question about (CSSGB)

Posted by Gretchen Peterson on Dec 21, 2018 12:24 pm

Hello Moutaz Al Hobayshi‍,

Have you reviewed the information posted on asq.org about the CSSGB exam requirements?  You will find the relevant information about work and education requirements, here: https://asq.org/cert/six-sigma-green-belt

You might also want to carefully review the exam application, here: https://p.widencdn.net/alrpxv/CBT-Certification-Exam-Application as the work and education requirements are thoroughly laid out.

Additional questions can be emailed to help@asq.org

Gretchen Peterson, MLIS Research Librarian 414-274-2225 gpeterson@asq.org

Re: Question about (CSSGB)

Posted by William LaFollette on Jan 4, 2019 9:35 am

Greetings Moutaz Al Hobayshi‍,

As noted in Gretchen's post the requirements are very specific to requirement for sitting for an exam. For the GB exam one key point: 'Educational waivers are not granted... Paid intern, co-op or any other course work cannot be applied toward the work experience requirement"

Having served on ASQ exam committee for CQE I can tell you it has been frustrating that too many universities (staff) have provided information that is less that accurate and has caused potential examinees to not be able to sit.
I have travelled the world speaking to universities and students there about ASQ; careers in quality, requirements, learning objectives, and most importantly sitting for an exam. I am glad you asked this question here.
While I do agree having a solid foundation in DOE is an asset it is not an all encompassing portion of the GB exam.
V. Improve Phase
(15 Questions)
A.Design of Experiments (DoE)
1. Basic terms
Define and describe terms such
as independent and dependent
variables, factors and levels,
responses, treatments, errors,
repetition, blocks, randomization,
effects, and replication.
(Understand)
2.DoE graphs and plots
Interpret main effects analysis and
interaction plots. (Apply)

If I can be of service or provide any additional information please call on me. You can also contact ASQ via the website or call direct and speak with certification department to speak about any concerns or thoughts.

Best,

Will

Re: Question about (CSSGB)

Posted by Moutaz Al Hobayshi on Jan 11, 2019 10:05 am

William LaFollette:
Greetings Moutaz Al Hobayshi‍,

V. Improve Phase
(15 Questions)
A.Design of Experiments (DoE)
1. Basic terms
Define and describe terms such
as independent and dependent
variables, factors and levels,
responses, treatments, errors,
repetition, blocks, randomization,
effects, and replication.
(Understand)
2.DoE graphs and plots
Interpret main effects analysis and
interaction plots. (Apply)

Best,

Will

Mr. William LaFollette,

Thank you so much for the valuable information, I appreciate that

Re: Question about (CSSGB)

Posted by Shane Schvaneveldt on Jan 18, 2019 5:38 pm

You should consider the CQPA (Certified Quality Process Analyst).

The Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) does require 3 years of full-time work experience in an area related to the body of knowledge. However, the Certified Quality Process Analyst (CQPA) has the option for either work experience or 2+ years of university education, which you would meet.

As a university professor teaching quality management and process improvement, I regularly recommend to my students to earn the ASQ CQPA or CSSGB certification depending on whether they have the required work experience or not.

The body of knowledge for CQPA has a high degree of overlap with CSSGB -- they are much more similar than they are different. Compared to the CSSGB, the CQPA does include a few more traditional topics in the quality management field such as quality auditing, sampling plans, supplier management, material identification and traceability, etc. Both CSSGB and CQPA address probability, statistical analysis, SPC, design of experiments, etc, though CSSGB puts a somewhat higher emphasis on them compared to CQPA. Hope that this helps you in deciding which ASQ certification to pursue.