CQT or CQPA

CQT or CQPA

Posted by Aakash Nath on Oct 10, 2018 8:29 pm

Hello all,
I'm Aakash Nath, new to the ASQ society. I have a M.S in Industrial and Entrepreneurial Engineering and further wanted to gain credibility through certification. I have 2 years of work experience as mechanical/process engineer. Which certification should I go for CQPA or CQT? I have been through fact sheets of both certification and observe only a slight difference between them.
Thank you.
Aakash Nath, CQE

Re: CQT or CQPA

Posted by Amanda Foster on Oct 11, 2018 9:42 am

AAKASH NATH‍, good question. I went straight for my CQA and in my case the CQT didn't make sense for my line of work. I considered the CQOA, but realized I qualified for the CQA and went that route instead. Is there a certification that would be better in line with the career path you are traveling?

Perhaps the PDF at this location would help. https://asq.org/cert/faq/career-track According to this document, the CQPA is considered a beginner certification and the CQT intermediate. I guess I would choose the intermediate over the beginner if I were qualified.

I hope that helps. Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Re: CQT or CQPA

Posted by Aakash Nath on Oct 14, 2018 1:54 pm

Thank you, Madam. I will follow up on the links.That was insightful.

Regards,

Aakash
Aakash Nath, CQE

Re: CQT or CQPA

Posted by Amanda Foster on Oct 15, 2018 6:32 am

Glad I could help! All the best as you pursue certification.

Re: CQT or CQPA

Posted by Joe Wojniak on Oct 15, 2018 5:51 pm

I agree with Amanda that you need to choose a certification that aligns with your career goals.  Since you have a degree in Industrial Engineering, CQE might be a good fit.  If you are interested in Quality Management, then CMoQ/OE might be a better fit.
Joe Wojniak ASQ CMQ/OE, CQE

Re: CQT or CQPA

Posted by Aakash Nath on Jan 6, 2019 10:09 pm

Thank you for the insightful inputs. I decided to go for CQE in December and am glad to announce that I cleared it.

Regards,

Aakash Nath, CQE
Aakash Nath, CQE

Re: CQT or CQPA

Posted by Amanda Foster on Jan 7, 2019 2:48 pm

Congratulations Aakash Nath‍! That's wonderful news! Love to see the CQE after your name!

Re: CQT or CQPA

Posted by Aakash Nath on Jan 8, 2019 9:39 am

Thank you, yes it is nice to have that. :)
Aakash Nath, CQE

Re: CQT or CQPA

Posted by Amanda Foster on Jan 9, 2019 8:27 am

I remember the first time I saw my business cards with ASQ CQA after my name. It was so exciting!