CSSBB questions

CSSBB questions

Posted by Danielle LaMancuso on Apr 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Good afternoon!  I am new to ASQ and I am going to be applying to take the CSSBB exam in July.  I just finished up the 16 week Villanova Black Belt course and want to get ASQ certified.  I am also a Villanova Certified Six Sigma Green Belt (4 years) and work in process improvement at a mid-sized bank in the northeast region of the US.  I have been told to get the QCOI Primer and Solutions Text as well as the Certified SSBB Handbook, third edition to use as study material and to bring to my computer-based exam.  Any best practices that I should know to prepare or while taking the exam?  I appreciate any and all feedback.  Thank you so much!

Danielle LaMancuso
Danielle LaMancuso

Posted by Joseph Basala on Apr 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Danielle,

1. Do a lot of practice questions.
2. Get to know your reference materials. Tab and highlight everything.
3. Have a test strategy. Time management is key. I have passed the CQE, CQA, CRE, CMQ/OE, CSSBB, and the CMBB using the same strategy. Round 1 answer only the questions you know the answer to. Round 2 answer those questions where you know the answer is in the reference materials. Round 3 do calculations. Round 4 do your book surfing for answers. Round 5 do a final check all questions are answered.
4. Do a dry run to the test location the day before if possible so you are not stressed out right before the exam. Arrive early to the site.
5. If you get stuck studying go to the Six Sigma Forum community. You'll likely get an answer there.
Joseph T. Basala ASQ CMBB, CSSBB, CRE, CQE, CMQ/OE, CQA & ASQ Fellow

Posted by Danielle LaMancuso on Apr 15, 2019 7:53 am

Thank you so much for the insight, Joseph!  I truly appreciate your tips.  Have a great day!

Danielle
Danielle LaMancuso

Posted by Trish Borzon on Apr 15, 2019 8:40 am

Welcome to ASQ Danielle!  Joe gave GREAT answers.  Good luck on your exam!
Trish

Posted by Amanda Foster on Apr 15, 2019 2:28 pm

Welcome Danielle Lamancuso‍!

Posted by Danielle LaMancuso on Apr 16, 2019 7:35 am

Thank you, Amanda and Trish!  I am happy to be part of ASQ!
Danielle LaMancuso

Posted by Prasanna Pandit on Apr 17, 2019 12:49 pm

• YouTube videos on variety of topics covered in the syllabus are helpful.
  • QCI has an practice questions CD with about 1000 questions.
  • The key skill is to be able to select the best answer from the choices
  • QCI study material on CSSBB is excellent

Posted by Margaret Barding on May 23, 2019 11:45 am

Danielle, I started studying in January and took my BB in March and passed! Joseph is right on with all his recommendations.  I purchased the BB handbook and most all the other books, but that one and the study guide are the ones I would recommend. I studied about 2 full days a week for those two months and took as many practice tests as I could.  Always going back to see what I got wrong and mark up my book correctly.  I have mine tabbed with the stiff tabs for the major sections on the right side and hot topics across the top. I used my index and glossary a lot too during the test.  I also paid for the web based training and that was invaluable for me. I lagged on some stats and it helped clarify things for me.  Also they say that course is about 40 hours, I took about 70 to go through it.  It's a lot of info!  I am currently studying for my master BB and take that in July too. Good luck!

Posted by Danielle LaMancuso on Jul 19, 2019 8:44 am

Thanks to everyone for all of your helpful advice.  I took the ASQ CSSBB exam yesterday and passed!!  I am ecstatic!!  This is a great community!!
Danielle LaMancuso

Posted by Lateef Amodu on Aug 17, 2019 10:41 am

I will also be sitting for SSBB exam in my country(Nigeria). Am sure your advice will go a long way.
Amodu Lateef ASQ CQE, CSSC-LSSGB, TUM-LSSYB

Posted by Trish Borzon on Aug 19, 2019 2:08 pm

Congratulations Danielle!

Posted by Iraq Abdulwahhab on Oct 11, 2019 10:17 am

Hi, I'm ASQ CSSBB. I would suggest to stick to the ASQ CSSBB Handbook. Other primers don't cover the certificate BoK. Good luck !

Let me know if you need help..

Posted by Lateef Amodu on Oct 16, 2019 3:29 am