Hello from Nashville TN!

Hello from Nashville TN!

Posted by Denise Story on Dec 21, 2018 8:33 am

I recently rejoined ASQ with the intention to become more of any active learner and participant in the online community of myASQ. I am currently working with my company towards ISO 9001:2015 Certification at our Nashville facility. The goal for certification is 2019. My professional goal is sit for the CQA exam, pass it, and eventually become an independent QMS auditor. I hope to meet like- minded individuals that can share some of their knowledge and experiences from their own Quality journey along the way!

Re: Hello from Nashville TN!

Posted by Luigi Sille on Dec 21, 2018 8:47 am

Welcome Denise,

Luigi

Re: Hello from Nashville TN!

Posted by Jerry Rice on Dec 21, 2018 10:05 am

Welcome Denise,

We have put together an index for resources to the Quality Management Body of Knowledge that may come in handy. Each page gives you a brief overview of the topic. If you click on the "Additional Resources" link on the bottom of each page it will search ASQ resources on that topic.

Like I said, it is currently indexed by the CMQ/OE body of knowledge, but we are working on indexing the same resources to the ISO 9001:2015 framework.

Quality Management Body of Knowledge

Jerry

Re: Hello from Nashville TN!

Posted by Mark Stevens on Dec 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi Denise;
I have a standard recommendation for experienced people prepping for the exam: Take a lot of practice exams!  I haven't seen the latest prep materials offered, but take 10-15 questions from each area and check your scores; read up on your weakest area & repeat!
I am a CQE & BB and probably put 80hrs of prep testing into each one. I passed on the first try (50% didn't't pass the BB exam). The 2 people I mentored this way also passed 1st try.
The questions are classic multiple choice; 4 options, 2 are bogus, 1 is a maybe, and 1 is correct.
When taking the exam, go through and answer only those you a certain of, then tackle those you aren't certain, and lastly plug through those you are truly doubtful you understand. Beware double negative statements!
One of the reasons for taking multiple exams is to get used to the language and syntax. I was very frustrated with myself when studying because I found I mis-interpreted the question and picked the wrong answer. After multiple tests, I stopped making those boneheaded errors.
Good Luck and reach out if you have questions.
Mark Stevens

Re: Hello from Nashville TN!

Posted by Trish Borzon on Dec 21, 2018 3:24 pm

Welcome to the community Denise!

Re: Hello from Nashville TN!

Posted by Cynthia Nazario on Dec 28, 2018 10:35 am

Welcome, Denise Story‍!
Product Owner

Re: Hello from Nashville TN!

Posted by Doug Sadtler on Dec 31, 2018 1:25 pm

Denise,

Welcome to the Community, and welcome to ASQ Middle Tennessee, of which I am the Section Chair.  Feel free to reach out if you would like any local assistance.  As Mark recommended, take lots of practice exams - it helped me tremendously.

Doug Sadtler, CQA, CQPA * Quality Inspector - Allen Edmonds * Chair - Section #1118 * Nashville, TN www.linkedin/in/douglassadtlerquality

Re: Hello from Nashville TN!

Posted by Amanda Foster on Jan 2, 2019 2:26 pm

Hello Denise Story‍, so glad to have you in this community!

You are in a similar place to where I was in 2011. I obtained my CQA in 2014 and it was the best decision of my professional career. It opened so many doors!

Re: Hello from Nashville TN!

Posted by Denise Story on Jan 11, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi Amanda!
That's good to hear and know! Thank you for sharing.

Denise