I am sharing some of challenges faced during this tenure of 20 Years.
As I mentioned, my experience in across India and Gulf. I happened to deal with the Construction Manager , Project Managers and Project Directors. It is a challenge to work in commercial construction projects where priority of Client the commencement of project on/before the schedule to start earnings. For this may be the seniors are ready to compromise with QMS many-times.
- Unskilled / Illiterate Construction workforce.
- Contractor know the reason of projects and aware of intention of client to be fast, hence takes advantage of this towards compromising the QMS.
- Tendering / bidding process lapses. (only Lowest quoted contractor will be chosen, irrespective of his technical capability)
- The construction teams never work hand-in-hand with QC team, as QC Teams are called work-stoppers, and this may affect construction team in getting recognition of senior Management.
- Lack of Planning the project (in all stages), rather this department is only used as resource trackers.
My actions towards some of above :
- Every being on earth needs self-advertisement, and we started arranging the group talks, getting walk-thru together with construction team. Seeking their opinions and recognising their inputs towards site issues.
- Arranging the training program to work-force in their own opted field. Issue them a certificate once achieved the results.