MyASQ MyPoints to Leaderboard ratio (1:100). Please explain

MyASQ MyPoints to Leaderboard ratio (1:100). Please explain

Posted by Daniel Zrymiak on Jan 25, 2019 11:33 am

As of this morning, the tabulation for myPoints on my personal profile is 17,740.  However, the myASQ Leaderboard displays 176 points beside my name.

This is a (1:100) ratio, by which I am credited for less than 1% of my accumulated points to date.

What exactly does the Leaderboard reflect?  What is the reward and scoring system applied?

I also am confused how this level drops over the course of days.  Since the changes, the values attributed to me have ranged from >400 to the current level of 176.

I would be most delighted if you could clarify these outcomes.

Re: MyASQ MyPoints to Leaderboard ratio (1:100). Please explain

Posted by Amanda Foster on Jan 28, 2019 8:56 am

I have been wondering the same thing. I was also wondering, since we get points for making connections, why all the previous points for making connections seem to have been "wiped out". So people making the same connection now, that I made 5 months ago, are getting the point while my point (for the same connection) was erased. I cannot make sense of this new point system.

Re: MyASQ MyPoints to Leaderboard ratio (1:100). Please explain

Posted by Luigi Sille on Jan 28, 2019 9:03 am

Hello Amanda,

Your points are there, but NOT on the My ASQ leaderboard.

I would love to see the LEADERBOARD the way it was.

Luigi

Re: MyASQ MyPoints to Leaderboard ratio (1:100). Please explain

Posted by Amanda Foster on Jan 28, 2019 2:51 pm

Yes Luigi Sille‍, I do see those. I just wish I understood how the current leaderboard is calculated. I was on this morning, commenting and making connections and when I looked at my leaderboard score I first gained and then lost points! While I was actively engaging on myASQ!

Re: MyASQ MyPoints to Leaderboard ratio (1:100). Please explain

Posted by Cynthia Nazario on Jan 29, 2019 10:06 am

Daniel ZrymiakLuigi SilleAmanda Foster‍ no points have been lost. The current view is the points for the week. It was a setting in our stage environment that carried over in the move to the new site template.‍ This is a backlog item and may not be restored exactly as it was since you may see different views, including total. I'd love to hear more from users regarding what they think about points and how they're used.
Product Owner

Re: MyASQ MyPoints to Leaderboard ratio (1:100). Please explain

Posted by Luigi Sille on Jan 29, 2019 11:03 am

Thank you for your reply Cynthia.

Luigi

Re: MyASQ MyPoints to Leaderboard ratio (1:100). Please explain

Posted by Amanda Foster on Jan 30, 2019 3:49 pm

That makes some more sense. Does it reset Monday morning? If so, what time? If not, when?