Gayle W. McElrath Scholarship
ASQ Minnesota Section 1203 (MNASQ) offers scholarships yearly to students attending post-secondary education to members or family members of members in good standing in the section. There are four awards that will be award annually. There are two $1000.00 and two $500.00 scholarships being awarded. One of the $1000.00 and one of the $500.00 scholarships may be renewed for up to three years if the applicant continues to meet the entry requirements.
Scholarship selection criteria includes:
- Must be enrolled in a program leading to an Associate, Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Physical or Natural Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics, Business-Administration., Health Sciences, or Education at a recognized (ABET or equiv. accredited) college or university.
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or greater on a scale of 1-4.
- Must be a full-time student during the time the award is active.
- Essay must be submitted articulating why the applicant should be considered for the scholarship and how quality relates to their chosen profession or major. The essay should be a maximum of two (2) typed or printed pages.
- Applicants under 18 years old at time of application submission must submit a Minor Consent Form.
- A recipient cannot be awarded a non-renewable award more than one time, but may apply for other scholarships that are available.
- Decisions of the MNASQ Scholarship Committee are final.
- Completed scholarship application form;
- Essay articulating why the applicant should be considered for the scholarship and how quality relates to their chosen profession or major. (maximum of 2 typed or printed pages.)
- Letter of recommendation from 1 faculty member;
- Current photo;
- Sealed official copy of the applicant’s current transcript.
Please submit questions to email@example.com.
Complete applications must be received at the addresses below no later than July 15th. Selected recipients will be contacted in August.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions will be confirmed.
Postal mail submissions:
PO Box 957
Anoka, MN 55303
Attention: Scholarship Committee