ASQMV Education Programs
The Value of ASQ Certification
ASQ Certification is an investment in your career as a quality professional. As an achievement, it demonstrates that you have obtained a proficiency and comprehension in a quality discipline specific to a professional body of knowledge which is recognized globally. Increase your competitive advantage as a dedicated professional.
Call for Instructors
ASQMV is proud of the educational courses that have been offered to the member and non-member community during the past several decades. But, this was only possible through the dedicated effort of individuals who stood out and offered their skills and knowledge to instruct and educate fellow quality professionals. If you are such an individual who would like to be an ASQ educational leader and continue the proud heritage of aiding in the education and preparation of your fellow members and non-members in improving their knowledge of the quality profession and preparation on the road to ASQ certification. ASQMV is looking for instructors in the various certification disciplines as well as courses that build on certification knowledge such as statistics and auditing to the various industry standards. Please contact the Education Chair.
Instructor Biographies (See Below)
William R. Caswell
William F. O'Brien
ASQ Merrimack Valley Education General Information & Policies
- Deadline: The deadlines for class enrollment by ASQMV and exam registration by ASQ Headquarters are fixed. They are established to allow students to confirm the class will be run before committing to the exam.
- In order for any class to run there must be a minimum of five paying students in a class. ASQMV reserves the right to cancel the courses if less than 5 paid students are registered.
- A class can be held with less than five paying students with the majority approval from all Section Chairpersons. ASQMV has the right to cancel a course up to and including the first day of class.
- Changing the location and time to accommodate a majority of students is acceptable.
- Course Fee is due in full before or at the first session.
- Checks for the registration must be made payable to ASQMV. You may pay online by credit card using the registration link to Eventbrite.
- Host Site for an ASQMV education course is provided one FREE course registration seating and materials.
- NOTE: Certification Examination Fees are not included in the course fees. You must apply directly to ASQ Headquarters (see below.)
- A student may drop out without course fee liability if written notice is given to the Education Chair before the first session. (100% refund).
- If a student drops out after the session begins but prior to the second session, a 25% course liability will be incurred. (75% refund).
- At the second session, the student is liable for the full course fee (no refund). There will be no refund for textbooks.
- To receive the certificate of course completion, a student must attend at least 75% of the classes.
- For a ten or nine week session course, the student must attend seven sessions.
- For an eight week session course, the student must attend six sessions.
- Any student who does not pass the certification exam may take the course free of charge the next time the course is held, provided they had previously enrolled in that ASQMV course. However, the student is responsible for buying the current textbook if different.
Enrollment in the course does not register the student for the exam. Each student is responsible for filling out their own certification application form and sending it, along with the exam fee, directly to ASQ headquarters. The Body of Knowledge and the exam application form are available online at asq.org or by calling ASQ at 800-248-1946.