|Guangbin Yang Quality Symposium
Wednesday November 10th, 2021
Noon to 3:00PM EST
Duration 3 Hours
0.30 RU awarded for attending ENTIRE 3 Hours
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information
about joining the webinar
12:00 – 12:05 PM Welcome Message/Agenda
12:05 –12:15 PM Message from the ASQ Automotive Division Chair
12:15 – 12:45 PM Keynote Speaker: Mike Hardie, Director of Operational Excellence at GM
12:45 – 1:15 PM Kush Shah: Integrating Design Thinking in Six Sigma and DFSS Projects
1:15 – 1:45 PM Mike Ernat: Problem Solving 101 – Problem Solving Mindset
1:45 – 2:15 PM Steve Sibrel: Quality 4.0 : Overview and Core Concepts
2:15 – 2:45 PM Carl Carlson: Reviewing SAE’s New FMEA J1739 Standard
2:45 – 3:00 PM Closing
About the Symposium:
Guangbin Yang Quality Symposium is an annual symposium conducted in the memory of Dr. Guangbin Yang. Walter P. Chrysler Technical Fellow Dr. Guangbin Yang (August 22, 1964 - June 12, 2013) was a premier product life cycle reliability engineering and test expert, a patient teacher, and a valued colleague and good friend to many of us in the Greater Detroit area and beyond. He was the husband of Ling Jin and father of Benjamin and Laurence.
Born in Jiexi, Guangdong, China, Guangbin graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Hangzhou Institute of Electronics Engineering, received a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, and a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from Wayne State University in 2000. Guangbin made numerous contributions to reliability modeling, test planning, and data analysis. He authored over 60 publications including book, chapter, and technical papers, including Life Cycle Reliability Engineering (2007), Heuristic Degradation Test Plans for Reliability Demonstration (2013), and Accelerated Degradation Test for Rapid Reliability Evaluation (2012). His career included positions at Yazaki, Ford Motor Company, and Chrysler, LLC.
Guangbin Yang was also a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), and the Chair of its Automotive Systems Committee. A Fellow of the American Society for Quality, Guangbin held editorial positions with the International Journal of Reliability, Quality, and Safety Engineering and IEEE, and was Program Chair for the International Society of Science and Applied Technologies International Conference on Reliability and Quality in Design. His recognitions include the Ford Powertrain Engineering Achievement Award, IEEE Reliability Society’s “Engineer of the Year”, and listings in Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, and Who’s Who in the World
Check out the latest Automotive Excellence Magazine
|ASQ Automotive Division LinkedIn Group
Past Events in 2021 (Webinars):
- 10/6/21 ASQ and ASQE’s Connected Journey
Join Ann Jordan, the CEO of the American Society for Quality (ASQ) and Jim Templin, the CEO of ASQExcellence (ASQE) to learn firsthand how the two societies are embarking on a journey to inspire excellence in order to meet the evolving needs of the global quality community. You’ll also hear more about ASQE’s recently published “Insights on Excellence Automotive Industry Report”, which includes insights from the 2021 Chair Elect of the ASQ Automotive Division, Lou Ann Lathrop.
- 9/14/21 ASQ Detroit Joint Meeting with Automotive Division & Ann Arbor Section Quality Impact by People Power - Subir Chowdhury
- 7/27/21 Introduction to Shainin Red X Problem Solving
- 6/28/21 Technical Problem-Solving Tactic of Choice – The Component Swap
- 5/20/21 Joint Event w ASQ Detroit Section Supplier PPAP - What Software Does and Does Not Work & Why John Cachat
- 3/18/21 Applying Law of TRIZ Ideality to achieve Quality “Quality = Minimal Harm to Society” Dr. Taguchi
- 3/30/20: Product and Process Risk Analysis and the Impact on Product Safety, Quality, and Reliability
- 4/29/20: FCA Intro to Blackbelt & Shainin Training
- 6/2//20: Project Planning: Getting More Things Right the First Time
- 8/19/2020 Guangbin Yang Reliability Symposium
- 9/17/2020: Quality Culture: Critical Elements For Creating and Sustaining a “Culture of Quality” In Any Organization
- 11/17/2020: Beyond the Sticker and the Certificate (Ensuring Better Measurements and Reducing Risk)
- 12/9/2020: ASQ Automotive Division Awards Event Keynote Speaker: Ann Green, Global Director of Product Development Design Assurance for Vehicle Components and Systems at Ford Motor Company
Become involved: Would you like to get involved in Division activities?
We have our Automotive Division Council meeting 2nd Thursday of month in the evening.
We appreciate you inviting others to join the Automotive Division and also to this myASQ site.
We are migrating data from two other places www.asq.org/auto and http://www.asq-auto.org/.
Lou Ann Lathrop Chair-Elect 2020
2021 Automotive Excellence
ASQ Automotive Division Magazine
ASQ Automotive Division News
2020 ASQ Automotive Division Award Winners
DFSS Approach on Vehcile Rear Crew Improvements by Jyothirmai Jagalamundi
Proper Application of Fail ...
Date Created: 07/24/2021 01:15 PM
ASQ Automotive Division 2021 First Robotics Sponsorship
Winners of ASQ Automotive Division $1000 Sponsorships for Michigan FRC teams
ASQ Automotive Division for the first year is awarding its first sponsor ships for First Robotics.
First’s mission is to inspire young ...
Date Created: 05/19/2021 06:21 PM
Best Practice to Make Layered Process Audits Meaningful
- Roadmap for implementing layered process audits
- Think before leap
- Ask question that you can learn from
- Common mistakes in LPA implementation
Date Created: 05/01/2021 05:54 AM
Applications of Shewhart Chart
- Shewhart Chart Applications
- Direct Process Control
- Process Monitoring
- Process Diagnosis
Date Created: 05/01/2021 05:50 AM
Want to join us?
If you're currently an ASQ member but not a member of Automotive, contact ASQ customer care and add us to your membership!
If you're not an ASQ member, we hope you'll become a member and select us as one of your divisions!