Our myASQ community space is designed to give our members centralized access to content within our Human Development & Leadership (HD&L) Body of Knowledge as well as the ability to connect and interact with other community members and subject matter experts.
Our Vision is to be the global community of choice for everyone by making human potential an organizational and personal priority.
Our Mission is to enrich the personal and professional lives of our membership, and the global community, to triumph over current and future challenges.
We have a lot of great content that can be found in our community including:
- Primers on various HD&L BOK topics
- Quarterly newsletters with short articles and news from around the division as well as ASQ
- Recorded webinars on a variety of HD&L BOK topics both in video and presentation forms
- A competency framework for quality professionals and leaders
If you are new to the community, we encourage you to check out our upcoming events and start interacting with other members through our discussion board.
Our True North RoadmapTrue North is an established reference point to help anyone navigate in any direction, to any destination. It is the basis of the compass and, as the North Star, is what anchors navigational tools. As proponents of Human Development and Leadership, we are each responsible for defining true north for ourselves and teaching others the best ways to use it for their own development and leadership. In his book True North, Bill George defines True North as the internal compass that guides you successfully through life. It represents who you are as a human being at your deepest level. Let our community be your partner in defining your True North; your fixed point in a spinning world.
Our True North includes:
- Demonstrate passion for human development & leadership
- Be a leader in delivering excellent member experience
- Think positively and share optimism
- Respect diversity in individuals, communities and cultures
- Maximize growth by capitalizing on our strengths
- Focus on holistic development : intellectual, emotional, physical & spiritual
- Embrace FUN and the 'Yes, and …' philosophy
- Be fully engaged at all times
- Be genuinely humble
- Recognize that the team comes before individuals
- Celebrate achievements, appreciate efforts & offer support
Benefits of an HD&L Division Membership
- Ever-expanding professional content to enhance your leadership skills
- Learn how to make all of your relationships more effective
- Increase your opportunities for personal development
- Be part of an exciting division that is at the heart of quality improvement
I'm so excited to support it!
Who else is in?
The growth in the ...
I can't say enough about the mentoring program.
I believe it has ...
- Lisa Simpkins
Las Vegas Section 705 Audit ...
Our Competency Framework for Quality Professionals and Leaders
So, what is a "competency"?
A competency is a particular quality that an organization has determined is desirable for its organizational members to possess. A competency combines skills, knowledge, and the ability to achieve the ...
Date Created: 05/17/2022 02:53 AM
Frequently Asked Questions: Why don't you have a leadership certification?
Why don't you have a leadership certification?This is one of the most common questions our leadership team is asked. Most ASQ divisions create a Body of Knowledge (or BOK) as a basis for certification on a specific area or topic, ...
Date Created: 05/16/2022 11:40 PM
Frequently Asked Questions: Writing a Primer
Below are commonly asked questions about authoring a primer as a means of contributing to the HD&L Division's Body of Knowledge. If you have a question and it's not answered here, please reach out to our BOK chair.
Q: Do I have to be a ...
Date Created: 01/14/2020 03:18 AM
How to configure your myASQ community notifications
Ever wonder if you’re missing out on the latest content from the HD&L myASQ community? Then wonder no more. This resource is designed to help you understand how to configure your community notifications to ensure that you receive ...
Date Created: 11/07/2019 01:19 AM
- Our Body of Knowledge
- Our Competency Framework
- Our Leadership Team
- Ash Ogle Scholarship
- Guide on configuring community notifications
How to Join Us
If you are already an ASQ member, contact Customer Care to see if you have selected the Human Development & Leadership Division as part of your Technical Community selections. If not, they can help you connect with us as a member.
If you are not an ASQ member, you can join online or contact Customer Care, who can help you become a member.