With James Rooney, PMP, CQA, CQE, CSSGB, CRE
Want to learn how root cause analysis helps identify what, how and why an incident happened, thus preventing recurrence?
Simply stated, root cause analysis is a tool designed to help identify not only what and how an event occurred, but also why it happened. Only when investigators are able to determine why an event or failure occurred will they be able to specify workable corrective and preventive measures that prevent future events of the type observed. Understanding why an event occurred is the key to developing effective recommendations.
CLICK HERE TO WATCH RECORDING
This webinar is for you if you are:
- a quality, safety, or environmental professional
- an operational excellence leader
- a quality manager
In this informative 60-minute webinar, you will learn:
- Why reactive analyses, such as root cause analyses (RCAs) and incident investigations, are critical to the long-term performance of your systems and operations
- The types of data frequently used to solve performance and operational problems and effective ways to collect data
- How to develop recommendations that address all levels of the analysis.
Jim Rooney is the Director of Training Solutions for ABS Consulting’s Oil, Gas, and Chemical (OGC) Division. He has 40 years of experience in quality, lean six sigma, reliability engineering, risk assessment, incident investigation and process safety management. This includes the application of techniques such as fault tree analysis, failure modes and effects analysis, root cause analysis and hazard and operability analysis. Rooney received a B.S. in chemical engineering from the University of Virginia, an M.E. in nuclear engineering and an M.B.A. in management/operations research from the University of Tennessee.