Presenters: Steve Prevette and Phil Monroe
We’re baaaaack! We are excited to announce our first virtual section meeting since March of 2020. We will meet via MS Teams for this event.
For this meeting, we will be listening to and participating in a discussion with Steve Prevette and Phil Monroe. The presentation will include experiences in data analysis and its effect on the workplace – and, more importantly, on the people in the workplace. We will also be presenting a few polls to discuss ideas for future meetings.
How many times have you heard someone say after an unfortunate event, “Who’s going to get fired?” Most of us have probably experienced this. Yet, when we look at the people, processes (systems), and procedures, we often find that a different path should be taken.
We will hear some interesting workplace stories and discuss how we might normally react, as well as who should be held accountable, and how could what happened be prevented in the future.
We will discuss some of the following stories:
- A firing prevented at a Bowling Alley
- A Naval weapons system that was to be canceled, but actually worked
- A search for the "glass ceiling" for women that led to unexpected results
- The new contractor is all messed up
- Security lessons including false alarms, and unlocked/not maintained doors
Click here to join the meeting from your computer, mobile app or room device
Meeting ID: 262 784 978 94
Download Teams | Join on the web