In five 3-hour sessions: participants will learn the tools, techniques and necessary planning to improve a business process and achieve better process outcomes, with increased efficiency.
Added value: This course ALSO prepares you to attain the Certified Quality Improvement Associate (CQI) status with the American Society for Quality (ASQ). Go to: https://asq.org/cert/quality-improvement-associate
For an organization to pursue excellence and control costs, there must be internal capability for effective and sustainable process improvement.
- This course will enable participants to competently contribute to process improvement initiatives, while getting a comprehensive understanding of how quality management has, and continues to evolve in all business sectors, and globally.
Who should attend: managers, supervisors and individual contributors that want to gain the knowledge and skills of a quality practitioner who participates in or leads process improvement projects.
Note: participants can bring a project to work on throughout the duration of the course and get instructor feedback and guidance.
Course Outline: each session is three hours in duration
- Session 1: Quality management systems, terms & philosophies
- Session 2: Process improvement methods (QI)
- Session 3: Process improvement tools and templates
- Session 4: Fundamentals of quality assurance (QA)
- Session 5: Fundamentals of quality control (internally and supplier) & corrective action (QC)
Instructor: Tim King of Quality Matters LLC
ASQ certified: CMQ/OE; CQI; CQA; LSS Master Black Belt
When: Fridays; 9:00 am to Noon
Place: Webex virtual platform (you must be able to access Webex)
Cost: $625.00 - 15 hours of training
Email: VermontASQ@gmail.com or go to
NOTE: You must be able to access Webex.
April 22 – No Class