Join us for White Belt Training Session - All courses in 2 days - August 18-19 8AM to 12PM
All the material was taught throughout the year following the schedule below.
- 7 Quality Tools – Feb 27
- Intro to Process and Value Stream Mapping – Mar 26
- Voice of the Customer – Apr 30
- Team Based Problem Solving (A3/8D) – May 28
- Leading, Organizing, Facilitating Kaizen Events – Jun 25
- Coaching in a Lean Business, Promotion Testing and Certificate Ceremony – Sept 24
All participants will receive a white belt certificate in September.
Attendees may opt to attend the full session or join a lesson at the specified time let the agenda:
Day 1 - Tuesday, August 18 8am-12pm
- 7 Quality Tools 8-9:30 AM
- Intro to Process and Value Stream Mapping 9:30-11AM
- Voice of the Customer 11-12PM
Day 2 - Wednesday, August 19 8am-12pm
- Team Based Problem Solving 8D and A3 Part I - 8-9:30 AM
- Leading, Organizing, Facilitating Kaizen Events - 9:30-11AM
- Coaching for problem solving A3 Part II - 11-12PM
To receive a certificate, attendees must complete a test on the last day and will receive their certificate by mail.
Lorraine Fraser, Ph.D. candidate, P.Eng., Hons. B.Sc. (Chemistry & Biochemistry), M.Eng.(Chemical Engineering), MBA (business strategy), ASQ-CQE (Certified Quality Engineer), SQP (Supplier Quality Professional), CQA (Certified Quality Auditor), CQM-OE (Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Effectiveness), CSSBB (Certified Six Sigma Black Belt).
Lorraine is a graduate of the University of Toronto, and the University of Windsor. She is a senior member of the American Society of Quality. In her most recent role she was the Director of Quality and Process Improvement for three of the top brands in the consumer audio market – Paradigm Electronics (international leader in speaker design and manufacturing), Martin Logan (world’s leader in electrostatic loudspeaker technology), and Anthem (high end audio video equipment).
Lorraine is a multi-disciplined professional with over 20 years of experience in the private sector, and with a wide range of skills in engineering, quality, lean, new product development and manufacturing management. She has led many complex business Quality & Process Improvement Initiatives leveraging minimal resources within multi-disciplinary teams in union and non-union environments to achieve meaningful, sustainable and significant business results. She has also had significant personal experience with our health care system. She has taught several courses in statistical analysis and quality assurance at the colleges and at Ryerson University.