ASQ Automotive Division Webinar: What You Need to Know About the New AIAG VDA and SAE J1739 Design FMEA Methodologies
7:00 PM Eastern /
Duration: 90 minutes. 0.15 RU will be awarded to attendees.
Registration is required to join this event. If you have not registered, please do so now:
Click Here to Register*
In June of 2019 the AIAG combined with the VDA and published the AIAG VDA FMEA Handbook. In January of 2021, the SAE published SAE J1739TM JAN2021 FMEA Standard which was a revision to the SAE J1739 JAN2009 FMEA Standard. Since the AIAG FMEA 3rd Edition FMEA Manual was published in July of 2001, the current version of the AIAG FMEA manual has been the technical equivalent of the current version of the SAE J1739 FMEA. This is no longer the case.
The purpose of this presentation is as follows:
- Provide an overview of the history behind the two Design FMEA methodologies.
- Provide explanation of the core fundamentals of the AIAG VDA Design FMEA methodology.
- Provide explanation of the core fundamentals of the SAE J1739TM JAN2021 Design FMEA methodology.
- Provide explanation of the core elements of an effective Design FMEA.
- Using the core elements of an effective Design FMEA as a baseline, provide an assessment of the effectiveness and effici