ASQ Boston Section is accepting applications for the George F Mason Scholarship. The scholarship was established to promote education in Quality and encourage consideration of the Quality profession as a career. Information and an application for the scholarship is available on the Boston Section Community Page of My ASQ.
The scholarship committee will determine the applicability of any course of study to the scholarship award criteria based on the applicant’s understanding of and commitment to Quality as it applies to their selected field of study. Application deadline is June 30th, 2022. Notification of successful applications will be made in August of 2022.
The applicant must have been accepted by, or be currently enrolled in, an accredited college or university. Applicants must be full time, undergraduate or graduate students. Part time students, or students enrolled in professional certification, training, or development programs are not eligible for this scholarship. Multiple award winners may be selected based on the number and quality of applications submitted.
- Minimum award is $1000 and is applicable toward tuition only (not to room/board, etc.).
- Scholarship award monies not used within twelve (12) months of award are subject to return to ASQ Boston Section.
- The applicant must be a full time, undergraduate or graduate student.
- The applicant must attest that he/she does not already have a full scholarship from another source.
- An applicant may not be a relative, family member, or dependent of the Scholarship Committee chairperson or of any member of the Scholarship Committee.
- The selection criteria for the scholarship include but are not limited to the following:
- Academic achievement
- Involvement in student/professional organizations
- Statement of career objectives
- Financial need
- Essay as described in this procedure
- Applicant must submit all of the following documents:
- Completed ASQ Boston Section Scholarship Form
- A copy of the most recent school transcript or scholastic record.
- Evidence of accreditation of the educational institution.
- A letter of reference.
- An essay by the applicant containing the following:
- The anticipated benefits to be derived from the scholarship.
- Applicant’s plans for completing a degree program.
- Applicant’s post-graduate intentions.
- An understanding of and commitment to Quality as it applies to the applicant’s selected field of study.
- A description of how Quality is applied in the applicant’s present workplace or in the applicant’s future field of work.
Complete scholarship policy and an application are available on the Boston Section page of the MyASQ website. Actual Award of the scholarship will coincide with an ASQ Boston Section Event.
Email completed application with all required information to:
Include “ASQ Boston Section Scholarship Application” in the subject line.