ASQ Hartford welcomes postings for openings at Employers of members or non-members.
ASQ Hartford will not facilitate communication between Employers and Applicants.
Job Postings must include:
- Link to the job posting / application
- Job Title
- Job Description
- Skill Requirements
- Experience Requirements
- Educational Requirements
Job Type Full-time
Sanderson MacLeod, the leading designer and producer of cosmetic, medical, gun care and OEM brush technology is GROWING...And, we’re looking for a special Quality Manager to join our team.
An award-winning LEAN organization, Sanderson MacLeod is trusted to innovate and manufacture specialty twisted wire products for some of the world’s leading companies. The ideal candidate will enjoy seeking creative ways to collaboratively integrate new technologies, innovate new products, implement progressive processes, educate staff and, more than anything, have fun.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Operations, the Quality Manager will be involved in the oversite of our Quality Management System, interacting with employees and customers at various levels to ensure quality parts leave the facility through various reviews, audits and sampling processes.
Sanderson MacLeod offers highly competitive compensation and benefits, as well as individual and corporate performance incentives.
Past experience should include a BS/BA Degree in Quality, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering and at least 2 years of experience in quality engineering, quality assurance or similar. Strong leadership, the love of a challenge and solid problem-solving skills, along with a strong knowledge of LEAN manufacturing techniques, statistics, sampling and metrology is required. ISO 9001 certification knowledge or equivalent is required. Six Sigma Yellow, Green or Black Belt, and/or ASQ Certification, a plus.
$70,000 - $75,000 per year base; ability to earn more through individual and corporate incentives.
Here is the link to the job ad and application link as well:
Dymax Corporation in Torrington, CT has several job postings for quality professionals
Careers at Dymax North America - Dymax
Process Quality Auditor
ensure processes fully meet quality and compliance requirements by performing product and process audits and checking the effectiveness of quality management system for compliance to ISO9001 and other quality standards. Advise process owners to effectively implement the CAPAs,
- BA/BS in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Quality Engineering or equivalency
- 2+ years’ experience quality auditing in chemicals industry
- 2+ years’ experience preferred in Quality Management Systems, Audits specifically IATF and ISO9001
Quality Manager - Formulations
Manage the QA/QC team for UV curable adhesives (formulations) products.
- Bachelors in Chemistry, Material Science, science-related degree, or equivalency
- 5+ years’ experience in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Well-organized, independent work style, intrinsically self-motivated under minimum supervision
Quality Assurance Manager – Job Description
Application URL: TheAquaneers.com/Apply | Portal Job No.#: c811052217220131407-c11
Our client has an immediate need for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to lead and support its exponentially expanding, global medical device manufacturing operations. The preferred candidate holds ASQ Certification & must be US Citizen. Sponsorships are not available.
The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in related technical field and at least 10 years of relevant experience or the equivalent combination of education.
10 years of previous supervisory experience. 5 or more years’ experience in medical device manufacturing organization.
The candidate must have excellent people management and team-leadership skills. The ideal candidate presents with a demonstrated track record of being an experienced /successful change agent who can work cross-functionally to deliver tangible quality leadership results. Self-reliant in determining priorities and setting schedule to meet goals and objective.
- ASQ Certification as an ASQ Auditor, ASQ Certified Quality Manager, and/or ASQ Certified Technician is a plus.
- Expert working knowledge of SOPs, cGMP & GDPs, ISO 13485:2016, FDA 21 CFR 820, EU MDD/MDR, 21 CFR Part 11/210/211, CSV via GAMP, and other equivalent applicable standards.
- A working knowledge of thermoplastic manufacturing processes, plastic material science, and/or related plastics application experience is preferred.
- QMS responsibilities include contributing to CAPA development and maintenance, deviation, change control and product quality complaint system.
- Extensive knowledge of RoHS, REACH, Conflict Mineral, Prop 65 & Material Declarations.
- Extensive Internal and External Quality Auditing Leadership / Hosting Experience.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment to accomplish projects is also required.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities include experience / leadership in QMS, Audits, Training, Safety, and other duties as assigned.
Posted 3/20/2023 | Removal 9/20/2023
Quality Engineer – Job Description
Application Portal URL: https://theaquaneers.com/apply | Portal Job No.#: c806152186006241-c11
TheAquaneers Talent Group’s Global Class III Medical Device Manufacturing client has an immediate opening for an experienced Quality Engineer to be responsible in driving operational excellence with our client's group that is expanding exponentially by providing technical and hands-on support for Operations, Secondary Operations and New Product Development. The successful candidate will be a leader that works on cross functional initiatives that improves product quality while reducing cost through work process improvements. The preferred candidate holds ASQ Certification (s) and must be a US Citizen. Sponsorships are not available.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Plastics, Mechanical, Chemical or Biomedical Engineering.
- Preferred Educational Background Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- 10 years’ experience in a medical device company preferred.
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485:2016
- ASQ Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence, ASQ Certified Quality Auditor, ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Extensive knowledge of REACH, ROHS, Conflict Mineral, Prop 65, Material Declarations
- Must possess excellent technical and interpersonal skills.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills, self-motivated, and have good organization and project management skills.
- Skills and ability to interpret Engineering Drawings, Specifications in regards to manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of GR&R, PFMEA, Cpk, Ppk, IQ/OQ/PQ and SPC.
- Proficient in the use of Micrometers, Vernier’s, Vision Systems, Pin Gages, and related precision measuring instruments.
- Gage calibration systems to include recall/schedules for recalibration.
- Preferred Skills Include Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (Minitab), Microsoft Office, plastic extrusion, molding or plastic materials science knowledge, or related experience preferred.
- Maintain the quality system in compliance with ISO 13485 and other relevant international standards and regulations.
- Understands business priorities, leads, and supports a culture of quality and compliance while communicating and ensuring the team is focused on initiatives that help meet quality objectives and improve effectiveness of the quality system.
- Build and maintain positive and productive working relationships with all departments and current/potential suppliers while supporting and collaborating with other departments on quality requirements and associated processes.
- Oversee and lead quality activities including but not limited to:
- CAPAs, complaints
- Non-conforming product/process
- Support internal and external audits; may serve as Lead Auditor for internal audits.
- Data analysis
- Document control / Change control
- Equipment calibration
- Control of quality records
- Incoming, in process and final inspections
- Training program
- Communicates for the Quality Team to the Extrusion, Filmcast, Assemblies and New Product Development Teams on abilities and constraints when they exist.
- Establish and/or modify quality processes to improve operational efficiencies and simplicity.
- Develop and monitor quality metrics and goals and provide data-driven recommendations to senior management.
- All other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- Must demonstrate initiative, balanced assertiveness, flexibility and teamwork.
- Position requires data entry and regular use of computer/keyboard/mouse for extended periods of time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.