I'd love to hear what questions you think should be asked?
What do you need to change?
What do you need to change to?
How are you going to accomplish it?
They should also be able to answer Why? for each of their responses.
Ask them about Cost of Quality ... Cost of Non Quality.
- What do they think of CoQ ?
- Are they using it ?
- If yes, what kind of actions have they initiated ?
- If not, why ?
- Are they only relying on their financial statements from accountants ?
Quebec City, Quebec,
I would ask them if they feel the company has a strong Quality Culture or if they would consider their organization Quality Centric?... Why or Why Not?
Good luck, hopefully you get some good dialogue.
How do they demonstrate the commitment to Quality?
How do they establish quality-related strategies?
How quality outcomes and personnel performances are aligned?
How do they influence management personnel to drive customer-centred decision making?
How Business goals, quality policy and objectives are aligned throughout the organization?
Hope the info helps,
1. What does quality mean to you personally and how do you exhibit it to the organization?
2. What are the expectations that you have for quality outcomes in the organization and how will you judge that they have been fulfilled?
3. How do you believe quality should be embedded in the culture and daily work of the people in this organization? What would represent role model behaviors in your mind?
If they can answer these questions "on the record" then you can have a good basis for building upon this video as a cornerstone of the corporate quality culture!