Call for Papers: QCRE Best Track Paper Competition
2023 IISE Annual Conference & Expo
May 20-23, 2023, New Orleans, LA
Quality Control and Reliability Engineering Track
The Quality Control and Reliability Engineering (QCRE) Division of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineering (IISE) announces the QCRE Best Track Paper Competition. Four finalists for the Best Track Paper will be selected to make oral presentations at the 2023 IISE Annual Conference to be held in New Orleans, LA, May 20 - 23, 2023.
The purpose of this competition is to honor outstanding papers in research and practice of quality control and reliability engineering.
- The paper topic should fit the QCRE themes. The paper must present original research results and cannot be accepted for publication elsewhere at the time of submission. (it can, however, be submitted and/or under review for possible publication at the time of submission for this competition).
- The submitted paper MUST follow the paper formatting guidelines and requirements of IISE conference proceedings.
- The paper must primarily submit to QCRE track.
- The authors should have an accepted oral abstract to be able to submit full papers for the competition.
- Previous finalists who wish to compete again should submit an entirely different paper.
- Papers considered for this competition may not be simultaneously submitted to other competitions at the 2023 IISE Annual Conference.
- Finalists must attend the IISE Annual Conference & Expo, May 20- 23, 2023.
- Each eligible paper will be reviewed by two or three external referees, each of whom will assign a numerical score using the following five criteria.
- Contribution to quality control and reliability engineering research
- Significance of the problem
- Research methods/techniques are appropriate
- Results are interpreted correctly and conclusions are reasonable
- Organization and quality of writing
- Four finalists for the Best Track Paper will be selected by ranking the review scores of all eligible papers. The winner(s) will be selected during the 2023 IISE Annual Conference based on the review evaluation and oral presentation. The winner(s) will be announced at the town hall meeting of the QCRE Track during the 2023 IISE Annual Conference.
Formatting and Submission Guidelines
Paper format: follow the paper formatting guidelines and requirements (6 pages including title and author data, references, and figures and tables) of IISE conference proceedings.
- Step 1 Abstract Submission: The authors must have an accepted oral abstract to be able to submit full papers for the competition. Please directly submit your abstract using the conference submission system before the abstract submission deadline (December 2nd, 2022). Please select the primary topic as Quality Control and Reliability Engineering Track during your abstract submission.
- Step 2 Full Paper Submission After the Abstract is Accepted: Submit your paper using the conference submission system before the paper submission deadline (February 3, 2023). During the paper submission process, please first select the primary topic as Quality Control and Reliability Engineering Track. Then, please check A. I plan to submit a full paper (6 pages) via the online portal to be reviewed for (i) potential publication in IISE Conference Proceedings and (ii) a best track paper competition. Next, please select Yes, please consider my paper for the Best Paper Competition. Late or incomplete submissions will not be eligible. The authors have the option to decide whether the papers will be included in the conference proceedings and transfer the copyright to IISE or not.
Deadlines (may be updated accordingly based on the IISE main Conference Submission Dates iise.confex.com/iise/2023/cfp.cgi)
- Abstract Submission Deadline: December 2nd, 2022 - 11:59 p.m. PST
- Paper Submission Deadline: February 3, 2023 - 11:59 p.m. PST
- Notification of Decision on Paper: March 10, 2023
- Notification of Finalists: April 10, 2023
If you have any questions, please send an email (with the subject "QCRE Best Track Paper Competition") to the QCRE track chairs listed below.
Xiaowei Yue (email@example.com)
Yisha Xiang (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ying Lin (email@example.com)