Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Greg Beatty Sr Recruiting Consultant
The Adinek Group
615 389 0666
NOW INTERVIEWING!! 7/15/22
Quality Engineer INLINE PLASTICS, INC www.inlineplastics.com
The Quality Engineer (QE) plays an integral quality team role in maintaining and improving the quality and compliance of products and systems. A tactical role which includes responsibility of identifying, implementing, and measuring quality improvements, quality system compliance, process controls, failure analysis, risk management, and supplier quality. The QE will also support, and sometimes lead, the Internal Auditing, CAPA, SCAR, MSA, SPC, and complaints handling programs for the plant. As the head data nerd, the QE utilizes OpEx (Six Sigma / Lean) tools to identify and mitigate sources of variation, implement tactical improvements, and improve customer satisfaction. The QE reports directly to the plant Quality Manager.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential functions/duty satisfactorily. Other duties/functions may be added or assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drive quality improvement activities associated with manufacturing yields, customer return rates, customer complaints, quality system efficiencies, and in-process failures, using statistical analysis
- Report on plant metrics associated with quality
- Perform investigations into quality issues involving design, production, and suppliers
- Work with the Design Quality team to transfer new products to production
- Participate in Item Qualification / Commercialization activities from protocol development, to testing, to a completed final report
- Support manufacturing initiatives associated with overall manufacturing quality
- Ensure and defend, under audit, compliance with Inline Plastics QMS and all relevant internal procedures and policies
- Support internal QMS requirements around internal auditing, supplier quality, CAPAs, Management Review, complaints, etc.
- Act as the backup Certified SQF (Safe Quality Food) Practitioner
- Implement MSAs and SPC as applicable
- Lead the plant HACCP team (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) to reduce Compliance and Safety risks
- Assist with the implementation of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and Good Documentation Practices (GDPs) related to food contact packaging
- Facilitate customer complaint investigations (RCA) and ensure corrective actions / preventive actions are institutionalized
- Provide input to outsourced product performance requirements and recommend and implement applicable improvements (for products the plant purchases)
- Provide quality audit support of new suppliers and processes for new product
- Must be able to interact and build relationships with various departments and customers
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction
The list below represents the knowledge and skills required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience - BS degree or equivalent degree in Business Management, Engineering, or other related field of study. We prefer 3+ years of experience within a regulated manufacturing industry. Lean Six Sigma certification at Green belt level or above; if no certification, candidate must achieve Inline certification within one year of hire date. Demonstrated proficiency of software programs - Microsoft Office Suite and analytical software (e.g. Minitab).
- Skills / Competencies - Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to proactively take initiative and complete tasks in a timely manner. Can effectively influence Change Management efforts. Excellent oral/written communication skills. Good problem-solving skills, analytical and statistical problem-solving tools. Strong collaboration, negotiating, conflict resolution, and teamwork skills with the ability to work well with both technical and non-technical personnel, and influence without authority. Self-starter and the ability to plan and prioritize workload under minimum supervision. Demonstrated keen attention to details.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.