Use your Quality Engineering Superpowers for a great product and awesome cause! Apply today.
Are you ready to be a part of something amazing? Would you like to use your continuous improvement talents to make a real difference in people’s lives?
At PRC-Saltillo, our mission is to provide voices to children, teens, and adults who are unable to communicate effectively with their natural voices. Each year, we provide voices to thousands of individuals through our specialized communication devices, software, and apps. We serve those with autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, ALS, aphasia, and a variety of other medical conditions. Our products not only provide the ability to speak, but open opportunities for education, employment and fuller participation in life.
We offer competitive pay & excellent benefits, along with a flexible and positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism.
Join our league of everyday superheroes and activate your passion for improvement to make a real difference!
To apply, please go to our website: https://www.prc-saltillo.com/careers
The Manufacturing Quality Engineer (MQE) provides technical and continuous improvement leadership for the manufacturing department. The MQE maintains high visibility in the manufacturing area to assist with product and process opportunities. This role verifies defective product and works with the various resources to improve product performance. The MQE ensures all test equipment and methods are correlated between Engineering, Production, Service, and suppliers. This position assists with process and product controls to ensure production information is gathered and analyzed to reduce variation and enable meaningful communication to Service, Engineering, and suppliers. They uphold our Quality and Business Management Systems to produce coveted products and services that reliably enable spontaneous communication.
Activities, Duties, Responsibilities:
- Functions as the technical conduit for transferring products from engineering to manufacturing.
- Functions as the technical liaison between the production department and other departments such as service and engineering.
- Collaborates with Engineering to define and implement correlated test equipment and procedures for production, suppliers, and internal / external service organizations.
- Ensures that in-process test and inspection procedures adequately validate product and process conformance to standard.
- Performs product and process root cause analysis to eliminate assignable cause and reduce variation.
- Works with manufacturing staff to test and troubleshoot products in the production process.
- Completes and maintains certification as an IPC Solder Certified Trainer.
- Justifies new equipment, internal resources, and external resources as they apply to quality assurance.
- Works with Procurement and Engineering to qualify capable supplier’s and continually monitor our supplier’s commitment to continuous improvement and product quality.
- Defines and supports receiving inspection and first article inspection processes for key components.
- Maintains an effective Material Review Board (MRB) program, ensuring non-conforming material (NCM) is evaluated and repaired within agreed upon timeframes.
- Monitors NCM statistics to ensure recurring issues are resolved and overall NCM risk is appropriately managed.
- Promotes waste reduction and helps gain efficiencies by leading and helping others understand lean concepts.
- Helps manufacturing and engineering define raw product validation and production processes that are well documented with built in metrics and continuous improvement.
- Works with manufacturing and other support teams to monitor and reduce process and product variation.
- Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree in Electronics or Mechanical or Electronics Technician with formal quality assurance training equivalent to American Society for Quality Certified Qualilty Engineer, Certified Quality Technician, 6 Sigma Green or Black Belt is required.
- Bachelor’s degree of Science Electronics Engineering or Bachelor’s degree of Science Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- Experience with International Standards Organization, Food and Drug Administration, or other quality management systems is required.
- Proven experience initiating and successfully implementing multiple continuous improvement projects with documented project criteria, metrics, and analysis is required.
- Three years in a quality assurance role in an electro-mechanical production environment is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Excellent decision-making, trouble-shooting, and problem-solving abilities.
- Must have a good understanding of software and electronic design processes and methods.
- Accomplished PC user / administrator, able to manage / manipulate Operating Systems, registries, drivers, Basic Input Out System (BIOS), file management, etc.
- Must understand basic electronic principles and know how to use electronic test equipment, such as multi-meters and power supplies.
- Must have basic soldering skills and basic knowledge of surface mount technology.
- Willing to lead by example and learn by experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Formal training in Lean and Six Sigma disciplines.
- Proficient with statistical control charts, distributions, process capability, reliability modeling, Failure Effects Mode Analysis / Risk Analysis and Measurement Systems Analysis.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team building and team leadership skills.