Job Opening - AOT Inc. (Accuride Corporation) Quality Coordinatorblished
Qualified candidates can email resumes to Karen Sumner.
The associate filling this position will be part of a cross-functional management team responsible for the efficient operation of the facility. The Quality Coordinator will be responsible for managing the quality assurance functions at AOT to ensure product meets customer specifications. The Quality will be responsible for directing the facility in meeting all elements of Quality Management System (IATF 16949).
Dimensions (Complete, if applicable)
- Promote a safe work environment
- Support and participate in union-free systems to maintain a participative work force with no third-party representations
- Lead, develop, and execute the Quality Management System with regards to IATF 16949
- Monitor and report internal cost of quality
- Schedule and lead audits with registrar for certification
- Monitor and coordinate Management review activities
- Schedule and lead Internal Audits including suppliers (if required)
- Track & Trend Corrective and Preventative Actions
- Lead, develop, and train associates on Quality Management System
- Ensure Customer Specific Requirements are supported, implemented, and followed.
- Support and Track Continual Improvement Projects
- Monitor Calibration activities ensuring compliance
- Lead and monitor Statistical Process controls (SPC)
- Assist in leading and developing the maintenance department (i.e., those areas pertaining to quality)
- Respond to any customer quality complaints from customer assembly plants or corporate
- Follow up and follow through with commitments made
- Be available for support in absence of General Manager
- Support all functions with the operation as needed along with other members of the staff.
- Learn, develop, and lead organization’s LEAN initiatives.
- Willingness to learn and lead safety projects, meetings, and support and enforce company policies and procedures, and record, for health and safety
Key Business Skills and On-The-Job Behaviors
- Being Innovative & Adaptive – Challenges the status quo and generates creative solutions to work situations. Open to new ideas and responds quickly to opportunities when they arise. Interacts effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, overcomes barriers, and shows resilience in the face of adversity and failure.
- Driving for Results – Sets standards of excellence and continuously strives for measurable improvement. Holds him/herself and others accountable for achieving goals and creating a culture where appropriate risk taking is encouraged and supported.
- Focusing on the Customer – Forms active working relationships with internal and external customers by anticipating, analyzing, and responding quickly to opportunities, needs, and problems. Understands the importance of satisfying customer requirements.
- Fostering Open Communication & Teamwork – Listens well and encourages the open expression of ideas. Recognizes and accepts diverse opinions. Works with others both as a leader and as a team member towards shared goals related to business objectives. Provides resources to the team, does what is promised, shares information with team, supports team decisions, and recognizes team contributions.
- Quality and Continual Improvement – Is aware of and understands Accuride’s Quality Policy and Quality Objectives and how they affect his/her job. Contributes substantially to Accuride’s CI initiatives related to revenue enhancement, cost reduction, process improvement, waste elimination, and more. Serves on and/or leads CI teams that accomplish target results. Pursues CI initiatives related to one’s own job and function.
- Using Sound Judgment and Decision Making – Makes effective decisions based on logical assumptions and adequate information. Effective decisions take into consideration resources, constraints, and organizational values.
Required Skills, Education, and Experience
- IATF 16949 Lead Auditor or Internal Auditor
- Statistical Process Control (SPC), Gage R&R
- Working understanding of Core tools (APQP, FMEA, Control Plans, PPAP, MSA, Flow Diagrams)
- Strong personal computer skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Minitab, etc.
- Good technical writing skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Must have excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Quality conscience
- Possess work standards to pursue a high level of excellence in all situations
- Must have good analytical and decision-making skills
- Must be proficient in the use of analytical tools and techniques to analyze data, train others and participate in teams and find solutions to problems.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Quality assurance certification
- Lead auditor certification
- IATF 16949, ISO 9001
- Extensive knowledge and experience in manufacturing and quality processes
- Management or Leadership experience