Position Title: Quality Manager Reports To: VP/GM of Momeni Engineering
Department: Quality Location: Momeni
Who We Are:
Momeni Engineering, a division of Essex Industries, is a rapidly growing aerospace and medical manufacturer located in Huntington Beach. Momeni’s history of exceptional performance in on time delivery, engineering, and quality has resulted in strong growth for 2021. The facility is 33 CNC mills (3-axis and 5-axis) and lathes with support functions (deburr and manual) and aerospace/medical assembly.
We are currently looking for a Quality Manager. This role is responsible for the oversight, management, and implementation of the site Quality Management System to insure it meets the Momeni Engineering Manual as well as all customer and regulatory bodies under which Momeni Engineering Industries subscribes. This role is ideal for a candidate to move from an individual contributor or supervisor into a management role.
The role requires working knowledge of advanced quality tools. Specifically, the candidate should be able to implement and teach APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, and SPC. Experience working these methodologies with major aerospace manufacturers is highly preferred.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Works with the Momeni Leadership to formulate and maintain quality objectives complementary to policies and goals, certification requirements, and customer needs.
- With the assistance of engineering develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation.
- Along with Engineering and Operations oversees the analysis, inspection, and test to assure the quality of products.
- Performs quality engineering reviews of documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Decides whether to accept a product or continue business with a vendor based on review of vendor quality data.
- Reviews all data obtained during all quality control and quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
- Keeps the site Leadership Team and Corporate VP of Quality level abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and actions being taken to improve.
- Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality codes and standards.
- Responsible for the investigation and reporting of all customer complaints with regards to product and system quality.
- Perform inspection work (under FAA guidelines) as required.
- Completes and publishes required metrics data and reports in a timely fashion.
- Will function as the site level Quality Management Representative for all quality system related regulatory, customer, and statutory audits.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree within a technical field or business administration with experience in a manufacturing environment. 4-7 years of experience as a quality engineer/quality supervisor. Previous experience working with DCMA, FAA, and customer source inspectors. Experience working within AS9100D. Experience in leading corrective action teams. Experience with digital measurement systems (CMM, Laser Scanner/Tracker, etc). Experience in application of AS9102 FAI reporting.
Why Choose Essex?
Since 1947, Essex has been offering high quality parts and services to our customers. Our employees are what makes that happen so we do our best to take care of what matters most, by offering a competitive total rewards package for our employees. It’s our commitment to making this a great place to work.
- Base Pay
- Bonus Opportunity
- Paid time off
- 10 company holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Training & Development
- Retirement Benefits – 401k
- Tax-Advantaged Accounts
- Medical, dental, vision coverage