ASML in Chandler has an opening for a Customer Supply Chain Management Quality Coordinator.
The role involves the following:
“This position will be responsible for overseeing achievement of tool usability (Calibration, Certification, Completeness) KPI’s & Quality improvement programs. You will also serve as deployment/implementation lead for quality initiatives, ensuring that US regional 3PL & CS teams are trained to enable successful piloting and rollout. The Quality Coordinator will be responsible for further developing reporting processes to extend visibility to the local organization and bring alignment across different functional areas.
- Act as a single point of contact for Certification/Calibration & Tool Quality located within region.
- Drive & deliver structural solutions of quality focused implementation with 3PL’s.
- Plan and execute Certification/Calibration with Vendors to achieve field target KPI’s.
- Align with 3rd party vendors to schedule, prepare and perform on-site tool calibration and certifications sessions at 3PL & be present for data management.
- Manage aging tools which are NOK and in defective storage locations by coordinating the ordering/replacement of damaged & missing tools.
- Collaborate with CS stakeholders on Way of Working improvements to reduce waste processes & gain efficiency on tool return completeness.
- Create, update, standardize Work Instructions for World Wide use.”
They are looking for someone with the following qualifications:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Bachelor's in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business, Finance, or Engineering preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience of 5S and lean principles is advantageous.
- SAP Experience highly preferred.
- Understanding of warehouse management systems.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Organizational skills and follow through a must.
- 5+ years experience in managing a small team people within in a Warehousing, Distribution, Supply Chain, Operations or Production Planning role is preferred.
- Safety first mentality. Strong attention to detail with excellent problem solving ability. Must have excellent work ethic with strong communication skills to engage with both the customer and internal teams.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
The semiconductor field is as high-tech as it gets, and is extremely competitive. As such, they pay accordingly.