If you are a SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our SIDNEY, OHIO location, you will be responsible for the overall quality performance of supplied parts with your assigned commodities. You will coordinate SQE efforts with Procurement Commodity Managers supporting Supplier Change Projects & New Product Development (NPD) Programs. You will evaluate new/existing suppliers and implement improvements as needed. You will provide input into the product design cycle starting with Design for Manufacturing (DFM) and lead the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) including the selection of tooling & gaging as applicable.
You will support the supply base continuous improvement goals for price, delivery and quality.
This key SQE role will participate or lead root cause and corrective action activities to support global manufacturing plants and be a technical resource for plants and suppliers globally. Have diverse skills to participate in short- term/tactical activities along with developing/executing strategic goals with procurement. Support Global Supplier Quality metrics along with ISO & departmental policies.
AS THE SR. / LEAD SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER, YOU WILL:
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Operations and Purchasing to ensure proper designs, suppliers, and manufacturing processes are selected and sustained.
- Use core quality tools such as APQP, PPAP, Gage R&R / Correlation / Certification, Statistical tools (SPC), Control Plans, FMEA, 8D problem solving & reviewing process flow documents in the day-to-day work.
- Support NPD teams through participation in DFMs, print reviews, and part approvals (PPAP)
- Evaluate new suppliers and monitor the existing supplier base by leading audits using established standards.
- Lead PPAP activities to ensure supplier processes are robust and capable.
- Monitor supplier quality performance and lead continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead problem-solving teams and implement long- term improvements while in parallel managing suspect material to support operational requirements and protect the customer(s).
- Coordinate efforts as a team involving Commodity SQE's with shared responsibilities, Regional SQE's as local support, Liasion SQE's at manufacturing locations, and Supplier Development Engineers (SDE's) assigned to commodities.
- Utilize knowledge of manufacturing processes (forming and machining) of ferrous materials (steel and cast iron) at low, medium, and high volume production rates. Assist in developing fixture and gaging requirements appropriate to part criticality and volume. Support secondary operations such as heat treating, balancing, and sub-assembly operations.
- Coordinate with Procurement to manage the supply base and maintain robust tools, machines & gages for ongoing production; Prioritize, plan, & implement replacement investments accordingly. Be comfortable working in a shop environment and be an active participant in process development during supplier reviews for tooling, fixtures, and gages.
- Utilize verbal and written communication skills across multiple levels of management in Emerson and suppliers.
WHO YOU ARE:
You understand internal and external stakeholder requirements, expectations, and needs. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks, plus maintain a track record of exceeding goals by successfully pushing yourself and helping others achieve results. You effectively communicate in various settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels. Able to adjust communication to fit the audience and the message to provide timely and helpful information to individuals across the organization.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree in technical major plus at least 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent
combination of education and work experience (Co- op experience considered).
- Experience with relevant manufacturing processes used in medium and high volume production.
- Familiar with quality tools such as RC/CA, SCAR's, PPAP's, Gage R&R, Controls Plans
- Working knowledge of GD&T and Statistical Process Controls
- Ability to travel 25% to 30%
- Legal Authorization to work in the United States – Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Prefer a degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering plus 7 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Certifications in ASQ (CSQP, CQA, CQE, CQM, Internal Auditor), Certified 6 Sigma Green Belt or equivalent.