This position requires 75% travel. You must have a valid passport.
JE offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.
As our SSQE, you’ll be responsible for ensuring supplier quality problems are resolved in a timely and effective manner without reoccurrence. Along with; monitoring key supplier measurable and work with those suppliers that require improvement, responsible for supplier quality activities, S-APQP and documentation as follows: PPAPs, Run at Rate, Process and QM System audits, SPR (supplier performance rating / score cards), CQI Audits, Technical / Design Reviews, Supplier Surveillance Audits, New Business on Hold (NBOH) and JE Americas Sites Metrics information. You'll be evaluating new suppliers and guide existing suppliers to reach development in support of Supply Chain Services (SCS) activities and ensuring supplier changes and deviations are managed within established process, and you'll be assisting on providing responses and/or evidence to auditors for 1st, 2nd and/or 3rd party audits.
· Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship
· Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to lead team(s) at a supplier location.
· Ability to read technical drawings, understand dimensional stack ups, and have a working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
· Expert on key quality core tools (D/P FMEA, APQP, SPC, Control Plan, Process Flow Diagram, Measurement System Analysis (MSA) and PPAP)
· Expert on APQP understanding and follow up the phases in timely manner.
· Thorough understanding of IATF 16949: 2016 requirements (ISO/TS 16949 is also acceptable).
Types of Problems/Complexities:
· Changes or deviations from supplier that require immediate decision to use, rework, sort or not use parts/materials. Must be handled quickly and involve engineering and plant quality / manufacturing.
· Supplier on site management of quality issue where the supplier meets requirements, yet parts/materials do not function/perform properly in manufacturing process or at Customer process.
· Review of Supplier APQP activities and Escalation process activities.
· Understand the actions to be taken from 1st, 2nd and 3rd party audits.
· Is accountable for the supplier product design review (ESI) actions to follow up.
· Highly reliant on Supplier Quality and ISO/TS 16949 procedures.
· Example is use of PPAP Checklist for communicating PPAP requirements to a supplier.
· Accepts or Rejects Suppliers addition on Approve Supplier List based on Audit results and data.
· Decision based on data to issue a NBOH letter to Supplier.
· Follows escalation process when required.
· Accepts or Rejects Supplier Quality issues reported from the sites.
· Accepts or Rejects Cost Recovery (Supplier Chargeback) requests from sites.
Contact Chris Mansell at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.