• Drive overall Quality Management System (QMS) deployment at the facility
• Establish and communicate quality expectations with internal/external suppliers
• Lead the completion of preventive and corrective actions for key processes using effective engineering judgment and appropriate root cause analysis tools
• Initiate and analyze process capability studies and initiate Gage R&R processes
• Evaluate quality system performance and recommend changes as necessary
• Drive structured problem-solving initiatives to identify root cause and permanent solutions
• Review supplier project documents for compliance with requirements and approve
• Interface with suppliers, engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and regulatory departments
• Develop and implement supplier quality programs including appropriate performance metrics
• Monitor launch process for critical suppliers and processes during production start-up
• Approve supplier first article submissions/inspections and develop corrective action plans
• Assist with supplier audits, process monitoring, schedule updates, and quality performance with suppliers during the product development and production launch phases on new products
• Initiate/moderate the use of quality control tools (e.g. control plans, FMEA, SPC, PPAP, etc.)
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Office environment part of the time, with frequent trips to all buildings, and exposure to outdoor conditions and plant environment
• Employee must manage work schedule to ensure that deadlines and key responsibilities are met
• Rapidly changing workloads and priorities
• Some travel required
• The employee will drive rental and company vehicles
• Thorough knowledge of quality methods and systems is required (statistics, reliability, sampling plans, auditing, and problem solving)
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, engineering technology, or sciences
• Four years of experience working in a manufacturing environment or equivalent experience in leading problem-solving efforts among cross-functional teams
• Quality Management System and/or process auditing training and experience is required
• Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) is required
• American Society for Quality (ASQ), Quality Engineer (CQE), Quality Manager (CMQ/OE), Lean, Quality Auditor (CQA) certifications are preferred.
• Application of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) methods are preferred.
• Professional organization involvement is desired, such as American Society for Quality (ASQ), Association for Manufacturing Excellence (AME), Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME), Association for Operations Management (APICS), Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE), or other related organization.
• Have appropriate understanding of our business practices and working knowledge (or willingness and ability to learn) of SAP business systems.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation, motivation, organizational skills and coaching skills with a positive “can do” attitude.
• Demonstrate excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Exhibit analysis ability to collect and compress data and effectively present to all levels of the organization in a clear, concise manner.
• Possess a valid driver’s license along with a safe, strong driving record.
Interested candidates can send resumes to Jackie.Knapper@Toro.com.