Senior Quality Engineer
MMIST Inc. (mmist.ca)
MMIST is a provider of Precision Aerial Delivery products and services including the Sherpa family of GPS guided parafoils, Space Recovery Systems, and the self-launch capable SnowGoose unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), along with mission planning tools, services, and support equipment. We are looking for talented and entrepreneurial individuals to join our rapidly growing collaborative and fun team!
We are looking for an individual who is positive, pragmatic, inquisitive, to work in an exciting environment. A commitment to collaborative problem solving is essential. This person will have the potential to assume the Quality Manager Role in the future.
This position will be on-site and will answer to the Operations Manager.
· Identify and establish QC controls based on risk and integrate them into MMIST processes.
· Update and improve the Quality Management System (QMS).
· Assist in auditing the QMS.
· Supplier Development
· Manage corrective actions and the 8D process internally and with our suppliers and customers.
· Review potential quality issues to verify violation to requirements.
· Coordinate and manage the Material Review Board (MRB activities).
· Manage the calibration system and coordinate with external services.
· Coordinate FOD, tool controls and ESD activities.
· Limited inspection using hand tools and specialized test jigs and fixtures.
· Liaison with Engineering and Production to address risks. Introduce APQP methods including Flow Charting, FMEA, Control Plans
· Support all departments by ensuring they are not waiting on the Quality function.
· BSc in Mechanical Engineering, industrial Engineering education with >2 years’ experience (or equivalent).
· ASQ Certifications are very desirable.
· Ability to work with Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
· Comfortable working within MS Windows environment (Outlook, Teams, Excel, Word).
· Experience with JIRA software is considered beneficial.
· Experience working with 8D root cause and corrective actions is desirable.
· Ability to attain Reliability Status / Security Clearance to Level 2 (Secret)
· ASQ certification and experience working with AS9100D or ISO/TS 16949 quality systems (APQP) is considered an asset.
· Read and understand process documentation (BOMs, and drawings).
· Knowledge of Cost of Poor Quality would be an asset.
· An understanding QA for software could be beneficial.
This position is a full-time position and offers a competitive salary and benefits package based on experience. We thank all candidates in advance and advise them that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this position, please write us at HR at mmist.ca.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible language requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON K2S 1E6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required).